Why I support a real brick & morter store

Nice! That looks fantastic. This thread inspired me to order a set of black 408 rings. If it looks 1/2 as good as yours I will be happy!

Funny how just simply changing out the pickup rings for a different color can change the entire vibe of the guitar. Looks great!

I'd love to support a local brick and mortar store. I don't know of any really good local music stores around me. There used to be a store called Midwest Music that was awesome. There were two guys that worked there, Rusty and John, who sold me a ton of gear over the years. Unfortunately, the owner of the place didn't really keep up the business end as well as he should have, according to what I've heard. When GC and Mars Music (which was bought out by Sam Ash) came to town, Midwest Music died a painful death.

There's a well-known store about an hour south of me that lots of folks rave about. But in my first (and last) dealing with them, I got some less than stellar treatment by a guy that worked there, so I won't do business with them.

Sorry to hear your local store folded Brad, have seen it happen with many stores in my state folding.

Thanks Morphine.
Played it yesternight and today, plays better thn before.
Must be a better setup not sure, but I am really digging the new look of it.

Looks great both ways as far as I'm concerned...the cream is classic, the black is more bad-ass. It's a win-win proposition! I like it.

Hmmm, I'll second the Mom & Pop theme here, though mine is about 35 miles up the road. But since I head up there often, it's not a big deal. Unfortunately while he does carry a decent selection of SE's and even a S2, with an occasional Core, he doesn't have new stuff come very often. I did buy my first SE from him and I guess that's what got me started. If I wasn't quite so impatient I might have worked with him on some of the others. I did, however, get all of my Blackstar gear from him and so I will still consider him my primary.

Having said that, thank you John Mann for the black pickup rings and switch tip for my Paul's. Don't have a close up just now, but I'm sure the idea will come across well enough.

2cb67eb0-dd3e-4f25-a05b-3c01159684f3_zpsf4lk7oz9.jpg

And then, if that was not enough, SW did the same treatment for me on my 59/09-equipped SE 30th CU24. It just made more sense to me. And did I mention that I find it hard to wait for it?

4175b27d-9183-49d3-a95f-9bb7dc17c1b2_zpsimucpc8a.jpg

Sorry if I've hijacked anything here, it was not my intention, but it was mentioned a couple of times about a Paul's w/ black rings and I got a little carried away. The good thing is that I don't have to worry about the Vela, at least. The other one I did that way is for sale on Ebay, so no worries there.

And I'm always preaching patience.

Do as I say, not as I do. Unless you just can't help yourself... :rofl:

I have black pickup rings for both 408 and Brushstroke24 but decided to stick with the cream ones for now. I know why people love them though cause they look badazzzzz!!!

Oh, it's definitely a personal preference thing -- just like I prefer shoes without high-contrast stitching. It's just a thing with me. But I'll definitely be doing this or something like this -- my 24/7 has zebra pups and a light ring, going to have to figure out what I'm going to do there -- humbucker covers?
Played it yesternight and today, plays better thn before.
Must be a better setup not sure, but I am really digging the new look of it.
It's true. And newly washed and waxed cars go faster!

Here are my swap shots. I am pleased! :D

Before:

20140308_125337_zpswzwqxnt6.jpg

After:

20150722_204315_zpsn7q2mcpn.jpg

Thanks Corey. It is amazing how much of a difference rings make.

Back