Why I support a real brick & morter store

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
I dropped my 408 off at my dealer on Monday for its second setup.
First setup is done by them when you buy it.
Also I had the original EB Cobalt 9-42s on it still that they put on for me in May of 2013 when I bought the guitar.
I also had a set of the 408 black pickup rings in my case I wanted them to put on.

Stopped in after work today to pick it up and the owner opened the case and I about wet my shorts :D
It looks fabulous with the black rings on there.
Now here is the great part, he said you are ready to go.
I said ring me up and he said no charge.
WHAT?
I know the second setup was free, but they put on brand new strings and the labor for the new rings too.
He said I am a great customer and he appreciates my business.
I have bought seven SEs and one core from him, plus the Mesa Boogie Mark Five 25 and two matching 1x12 cabs also, so I guess I have spent a small fortune there :D
Now that is customer service!

We also talked about a private stock 25" scale single cut with adjustable stoptail, pattern thin neck, and two 408 pickups.
Price would be close to $10K I imagine, so then we talked Tremonti.
I was under the impression for some reason the Tremonti also had a wide/thin neck similar to my SE Tremonti Custom.
I like the wide/thin necks on my SEs, but I much prefer the slightly fatter pattern thin neck on my 408.
Well great news, the Tremonti core does have the same neck as my 408.
Will be looking down the road to order a Tremonti from him with the stoptail.
Might even be possible that PRS has exactly what I want at the factory, and I would not have to wait the three month process of ordering to be built like I did with my 408.

I will get pics of the 408 with its new rings over the weekend, so I will update this thread with some shots.
I also have another SKB PRS case arriving tomorrow from Amazon.
Why did I buy it?
I have one each for my Zach Myers and my SE Tremonti Custom since they did not fit well with the PRS Multifit/Vintage case, but the main reason I got another one is lugging it into work the other day it was quite heavy, and when I had dropped of my SE Tremonti Custom a few months back for the new pots and pickups it was a joy pulling out the handle on the SKB case and pulling it behind me like luggage.

Also on Monday I had the 408 on the floor in our PC room and a coworker stepped on my case with the 408 in it :mad:
The PRS case did not budge at all, but it kind of scarred me, and she was scarred at first as she knew it was my baby :D

Anyways, I am very lucky to have a mom & pop PRS dealer only twelve miles from my home, and just three miles from work.
They have a customer for life.

Great story - and can't wait to see how the guitar turned out!

I like supporting a brick and mortar store, too.

I wish there was a mom & pop PRS dealer near me. All there is here are Guitar Centers. I was in there on Monday and they only had 2 PRSi in there. A SE 24 and SE Tremonti, both in bad shape from being banged on all day and on "clearance". Great guitars, just sad to see them in such rough shape.

Unfortunately there's no PRS dealer (even SE/S2 now, that shop shut recently) so it's 2nd hand or buy interstate/internationally for me. I love where I live but yeah, sometimes I wish we had access to PRSi off the shelf.

I do try and buy anything else from the local though, great service and you know if anything goes wrong (stuff breaks, it's the 5th Law of Thermodynamics) then they'll sort it out for you.

I am quite fortunate to have such store just a few hundred yards from my place. Spent quite a fortune there, both time and money. They have great selection of high end acoustic guitars (M and T) but not so on the electric guitar side. They also are Mesa Boogie dealer that fulfill my Hetfield&Petrucci tone quest. Everytime I walk in there, I feel right at home.

And now this year they are officially PRS dealer! What more could I ask!

Thank you for the story. I love hearing about customers who love their small local dealer, who goes far beyond what GC or SW or MF would do.
That's what it's all about!

I was talking to a salesman at Washington Music Center about buying one of my first guitars from them last century. I told them it was all good, except the scary, mean, grumpy lady at the payment booth. I turned around and started laughing. She still works there. It`s been thirty years. We laughed together. She`s not so mean any more.

Thanks guy's.
I noticed a lot of PRS guitars at my dealer yesterday.
He always has several SE and S2s on hand, and at least one or two core models.
There was a Zach Myers up front right when you walk in with the vintage sunburst finish.
Also a new all white S2 Custom 22.

He does not stock any PRS amps, but can order them.
He does sell a lot of Mesa Boogie amps.

Did not get to spend much time there yesterday, I will have to go down on a Saturday sometime to kick back and play a few guitars there.

I try to buy local but that can be difficult to get what you want in "The World's Most Isolated Capiatal City". I'm thinking of changing the pick up surrounds on my Jade Paul's Guitar to black, look forward to seeing you pics.

I wish there was a mom & pop PRS dealer near me. All there is here are Guitar Centers. I was in there on Monday and they only had 2 PRSi in there. A SE 24 and SE Tremonti, both in bad shape from being banged on all day and on "clearance". Great guitars, just sad to see them in such rough shape.

I share your thoughts. I have a gear mom & pop store that I take all my guitars to for repairs, have purchased amps, pedals etc from them, but they refuse to stock PRS's. Apparently they has some bad experiences with PRS quality in the 90's and are still "living in the past".

Yep, a good dealer is hard to beat, when you find a good one support them as much as you can. Nothing worse than a local Mom & Pop shop that goes out of business. ENJOY!!!

I remember when Guitar Center came to downtown Seattle in the early 70s.
There were a lot of other small music shops downtown that went out of business later, and also other shops in nearby cities.

Welcome to the 408 Black Pickup Ring Club, CoreyT~! Finally got it done~! All Right~!

Yeah, they are worth every penny to enhance the look, and the guitar just 'sounds better' too with 'em, eh? lol.

I saw a thread yesterweek with a 408 and black rings.
Was it yours, if so, that thread inspired me to call my dealer to let them know I was bringing it into them on Monday.
I only played it for a few minutes unplugged, but it was great.
Best guitar I have ever owned.

I saw a thread yesterweek with a 408 and black rings.
Was it yours, if so, that thread inspired me to call my dealer to let them know I was bringing it into them on Monday.
I only played it for a few minutes unplugged, but it was great.
Best guitar I have ever owned.

Yeah, it's mine...and it does sound better with the Black Rings, too~!

after%20swap_zpso1pkb09a.jpg
</a>"]http://[/URL][/img]

Way off topic, sorry folks~!

Without further ado, I present too you, the more meaner badass looking metal/rock machine :D
Shot with my Canon EOS Rebel T5i.

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

At home in its new SKB case

25.jpg

Now compare the next new pic to the older one below it with the white pickup rings, I think the black really enhances it

26.jpg

9.jpg

Back