Why do people have more than one?

They are like children , and being a grandparent .. there are never enough of those treasures either

.. currently my ever growing stringed family ... and 3 instruments on the bench ..

Adding new ones to the collection is increasingly hard as there aren't too many niche's left to fill ..

ahh but there is always the love of the sheer beauty of them ...

PRS : McCarty Soapbar 10 top , McCarty 594 HBII Artist, Special Semi Artist, Walnut Semi Limited Ed.
Gibson : Les Paul Custom, ES 335 Flame block LTD, Custom shop ES 339 and CS 356
Heritage: H575 Custom, H 535 Limited
Gretsch: 1959 6122 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman
Jaros : Gatlinburg DNA
Fender: Stratocaster, Custom semi hollow Telecaster , Jazz bass (Fretless)
Taylor : T3 Koa BTO
Greywolf Lutherie : Cocobolo 20th anni, Claro DC , LP90, Buckeye Jazz, Scarab Fretless bass, Kaizen 4 string bass
Acoustic: Taylor: K26CE , GS mini-e Koa , 856 CE 12 string, 612 C w/ LR Baggs

Dobro Model 20 Bell brass , Takamine C 128 Classical, Realist 5 string violin (acoustic/electric) Yamaha 5 string electric violin

Last edited:
They are like children , and being a grandparent .. there are never enough of those treasures either

.. currently my ever growing stringed family ... and 3 instruments on the bench ..

Adding new ones to the collection is increasingly hard as there aren't too many niche's left to fill ..

ahh but there is alway the love of the sheer beauty of them ...

PRS : McCarty Soapbar 10 top , McCarty 594 HBII Artist, Special Semi Artist, Walnut Semi Limited Ed.
Gibson : Les Paul Custom, ES 335 Flame block LTD, Custom shop ES 339 and CS 356
Heritage: H575 Custom, H 535 Limited
Gretsch: 1959 6122 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman
Jaros : Gatlinburg DNA
Fender: Stratocaster, Custom semi hollow Telecaster , Jazz bass (Fretless)
Taylor : T3 Koa BTO
Greywolf Lutherie : Cocobolo 20th anni, Claro DC , LP90, Buckeye Jazz, Scarab Fretless bass, Kaizen 4 string bass
Acoustic: Taylor: K26CE , GS mini-e Koa , 856 CE 12 string, 612 C w/ LR Baggs

Dobro Model 20 Bell brass , Takamine C 128 Classical, Realist 5 string violin (acoustic/electric) Yamaha 5 string electric violin
Nice! and so true. You have a nice lineup!

they give children shoes and put them on school buses
They put the shoes on the buses?

Weird.

Anyway...to the OP:

I do not believe I have two of anything in my guitar collection. I have models that are "close" or overlap, such as my CU24 and my P24, though they have different necks (Pattern Thin and Pattern Regular, respectively, IIRC).

But I completely understand folks who have two of essentially the exact same model if they gig a lot, or just like to collect.

I also didn't realize (or didn't think it was possible) that the same model of PRS would feel different.
Well, the same basic model can come with different woods, different neck profiles, and different pickups. Especially over the years.

On top of that, PRS has changed/tweaked manufacturing techniques and machinery over the years, generally in search of "better" but also in search of "more consistent". The less hand sanding involved, the more precise the products, in theory.

And then there are the other physical changes in the design, such as neck heels and bridge metals.

Ugh. This. There are so many guitars that I said "no, can't really afford that now, I'll wait." And now they are all at least 50% higher on the used market.

OTOH, for the guitars that I did buy over the years, that increase is also true.
So true, although I think on a couple I may have overpaid? Hard to tell sometimes.

Back