Why do people have more than one?

Why do I have several guitars, the question I often asked myself was, why does my wife have so many shoes!
No kidding, all the guitars I have have different things, I have a few left in sight!

No one is responsible for my wallet but some people here that I won't talk about like Alnus have rekindled Santana's disease!

I’m sorry mon frère.

In my defence I haven’t bought a guitar in 5 years.

Yeah they usually don’t get it. The GG asked me this same question once…I started explaining the different specs on each one and how they affected the tone so they’re all different. Her response was, “they all sound the same to me”…Then the demo started, she got to the second one and gave up said okay whatever. Then she actually bought my last one for me.

WINNING!

Oh and to answer the OP…because they make me happy. Nuff said.
Happiness and the pursuit of!

Okay, Lance.

71fSrWRHZXL._SL1500_.jpg

Why do I have several guitars, the question I often asked myself was, why does my wife have so many shoes!
No kidding, all the guitars I have have different things, I have a few left in sight!

No one is responsible for my wallet but some people here that I won't talk about like Alnus have rekindled Santana's disease!
Absolutely horrible he is, along with all the others that have been hawking Santanas……

I caved:cool:

I have two cu24s from very different years. Love them both.

Three CEs all from 97 but all different enough to value all.

Don't think I'd own two of the same if they were close to the same.

I have two CU24s but they are quite different! One is a 2021 core 10 top and it has all the standard specs. The other one is quite special as it is a 2021 PS and has 58/15s rather than 85/15s. It is also a "fat back" (thicker body than core CU24s) and the body is African Ribbon Mahogany. Fretboard is Hormigo and the neck is fiddleback mahogany! It also has a two piece bridge and no trem. A VERY different beast indeed!! But these two CU24s do have something else in common, they were both "born" on the same day, so they are basically twins, yet are very unique from each other.

I have no duplicate guitars of the same model, but I do have (not a lot) multiple guitars.
Given that I don't gig, I don't rely on any for backup, but I do use them for different purposes. My acoustics are set in different tunings for different songs. My old RGX I use for slide playing (again tuning). My SE Custom is my "battlaxe" for when I'm feeling saucy, and my SE Hollowbody Piezo is, well, just special. I never drop/re-tune my S12 for anything; if I can't adjust with a capo I don't play that song on it. On that machine I guess you could call me lazy, I simply can't be arsed adjusting a 12 string guitar for one song now and then. ;)
I don't have a lot of guitars (8) but I have enough to keep me from pogo-sticking after more...at least for now anyway. But there is another reason I have more than just one or two. It's my one way of proving to herself that there is still a teenager stuck inside this 65 year old body. This fall I bought my wife a gag birthday present: a design/picture t-shirt with a logo "I don't know how I ended up at this age being married to a grumpy old guy with a house full of guitars...but here I am killing it."
And yeah, I did get her a real present as well. I might be a tad late middle age crazy, but I ain't stupid.:D

I don't have two exactly the same of anything .. but I gig with 3 similar guitars. 1992 CU24 is the main guitar for 80% of the night, SE CU24 as a backup and a 2008 Core Mira which is typically Drop D stuff, but sometimes I tune it standard and use for a set because its just fun to play.

Back