why didn't anybody tell me?

Yes, replying to myself......just to point out that I post the above reply ^^^ and 10 minutes later I'm getting texts from "you know who" dangling Reverb links in front of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t know what you’re talking about!

But I bet it was a great deal.

well what happened??
I think you should do everything you can do to buy that particular 594 from guitar Center.
the McCarty 594 is a stunning masterpiece, you tripped onto something you're never gonna be able to get out of your mind.
once you've bonded with a guitar like that, have you read the thread.?

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/the-official-mccarty-594-love-thread.16848/

all I can say is you will not regret buying that guitar, there's a couple of arguments that I've made in the past.
when you buy a guitar like that it maintains most of its value. you are not losing money. it's an investment the money is still there when you need it.
use up some of your future credit, next year's work project.

the joy you'll get from owning that guitar will improve you and will improve your marriage.
I guarantee it.

so use your credit card make some payments, you know that guitar is spectacular, especially with the artist package you'll always be able to sell that guitar for $3000.
good luck you can see that there's about 2000 owners of that guitar here, everyone owns one, almost no one regrets it. it is spectacular in every way, the S series is like walking halfway through the door. you're just gonna keep thinking about that 594 forever. I think it's actually a mistake to not get it.
good luck do it

well what happened??
I think you should do everything you can do to buy that particular 594 from guitar Center.
the McCarty 594 is a stunning masterpiece, you tripped onto something you're never gonna be able to get out of your mind.
once you've bonded with a guitar like that, have you read the thread.?

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/the-official-mccarty-594-love-thread.16848/

all I can say is you will not regret buying that guitar, there's a couple of arguments that I've made in the past.
when you buy a guitar like that it maintains most of its value. you are not losing money. it's an investment the money is still there when you need it.
use up some of your future credit, next year's work project.

the joy you'll get from owning that guitar will improve you and will improve your marriage.
I guarantee it.

so use your credit card make some payments, you know that guitar is spectacular, especially with the artist package you'll always be able to sell that guitar for $3000.
good luck you can see that there's about 2000 owners of that guitar here, everyone owns one, almost no one regrets it. it is spectacular in every way, the S series is like walking halfway through the door. you're just gonna keep thinking about that 594 forever. I think it's actually a mistake to not get it.
good luck do it

I only passed because it was way out my budget...for now.
I got an S2 singlecut standard (see avatar) that is amazing. GREAT guitar.

the artist 594 was about 2200 more than I paid. I'm thinking down the line, after selling some things, saving some cash, etc., I'll get something like that, though.
I told the wife I want a private stock for my retirement (coming up in a short 20+ years...hahaha) and she promptly said 'no.' I have some time to work on her, though. :)

Never ask permission. Simply and affirmatively state the unvarnished truth, i.e., “I’ve ordered a new guitar and it’s coming on Friday. I’m really looking forward to it.”

The approval/disapproval thing is overrated. Having control over your own life and time spent on the planet is underrated.

Never ask permission. Simply and affirmatively state the unvarnished truth, i.e., “I’ve ordered a new guitar and it’s coming on Friday. I’m really looking forward to it.”

The approval/disapproval thing is overrated. Having control over your own life and time spent on the planet is underrated.

Church!

The important part is to tell them though, regardless of their opinion. I learned that the hard way.

Church!

The important part is to tell them though, regardless of their opinion. I learned that the hard way.

Totally agree! Mine has become much more open to the idea of more guitars. Not sure who this lady is, but she LOOKS like my wife.

Can I get A Schef-man!! ???;)

If you include them in on it they eventually come around.

SOOOOOO, true. Before my big PRS switch, I had an opportunity to do a small tour. I wanted a new guitar for the run, and my wife came with me. She has always been ok (within reason) of me spending since she considers me a professional. I figured I'd involve her more than normal, and let her PICK the guitar - as long as it wasn't a turd....

Long story short, she picked out an EBMM Albert Lee HH. I thought it was SOOOOO ugly, but following on our agreement - I played it. I fell in love almost immediately. Great guitar. I was very enjoyable for the time I used it. She was a little bummed when I traded toward a PRS, BUT me getting all the PRS' was HER idea.....so in that regard she was cool with it.

Now days she pretty much lets me get what I want as long as we can pay the bills.

I only passed because it was way out my budget...for now.
I got an S2 singlecut standard (see avatar) that is amazing. GREAT guitar.

the artist 594 was about 2200 more than I paid. I'm thinking down the line, after selling some things, saving some cash, etc., I'll get something like that, though.
I told the wife I want a private stock for my retirement (coming up in a short 20+ years...hahaha) and she promptly said 'no.' I have some time to work on her, though. :)
okay I see. I saw the picture of that and I thought it looked beautiful, I just thought it was a proposal not the actual execution.
yes that looks fantastically beautiful reminds me of a muscle car era metallic aquamarine, my neighbors had a mustang that color when I was growing up as a kid I drooled over that paint job practically every day. beautiful guitar. enjoy it,

ceImDIn.png

Totally agree! Mine has become much more open to the idea of more guitars. Not sure who this lady is, but she LOOKS like my wife.
My wife starts shaking her head and laughing if I have the temerity to suggest I'm NOT interested in buying any more guitars / bikes / cameras / etc...

Which I've occasionally said and even meant, but I don't have any of that sort of credibility...

-Ray

My wife starts shaking her head and laughing if I have the temerity to suggest I'm NOT interested in buying any more guitars / bikes / cameras / etc...

Which I've occasionally said and even meant, but I don't have any of that sort of credibility...

-Ray

You and me both! Credibility is overrated anyway!

A good interior paint job in my area is a $5,000 - $10,000 cost, depending on the size of the house (just had mine done).

You deserve a guitar of equal value for your work on your house! Equal pay for equal work!
LOL I do that all the time. I get a quote for something around the house and then say the heck with it and do it myself and have guitar money. .

Back