why didn't anybody tell me?

Hahaha! I hear you there. I know I was lowballed, but it's my money to begin with, right?
I bet I could squeeze a bit more into the deal if I found something she liked as well.

We've been keeping it a secret from you. Who let you see them? They will need to be eliminated. :-D

Last edited:
At $1500 you're in S2 territory if you want something new. Great guitars, US made. Will have some import parts (pick ups, bridge, etc). If you're ok with used, as the others have pointed out, you can find some great deals with a little patience, and a keen eye.

I agree with nearly the most of that. The Body and neck are US-made, which is great, but I would invest some money and go pick up change (there are a lot great Core Line guitars PRS Pickups avaible on the market) and the electronics. The locking tuners and the bridge seem for me as "okay" but its also an option. BUT: Here in Europe for us you wont get a new S2 that cheap. You pay about 1900 up to 2100 USD for a brandnew one.

Man, you can try to get a CE model. It is right in between a core and the S2 line, they retail for $2000 but if you are persistent enough and email as msny dealers as possible, you might get a very nice deal that will be closer to your budget ;)

Any singlecut ce’s?
Are they all bolt neck?

I haven´t seen/discovered any singlecut ce´s yet and I doubt that they are existing in that Version. I´ve got an S2 SC250. A nice one but in my opinion you have to invest some time and money into the S2(Pick up/Electronics swap,and eventually on the mechanics). The ce´s are generally bolt necked because PRS has to save some money on them, while offering them still cheaper than the full Core Line versions. Note also, that the electronics in the ce´s as far as I know arent US-made. They are from Korea if Iam right.

Overall, they are still some very nice CE´s deals out there if you check the net for them. I´ve nearly bought one, but then I´ve realised that I´m not into the PRS Pattern Thin Neck Profile.I prefer more the regular Neck. But thats a individual choice.

So what’s the difference (if any) between the s2 singlecut standard with scratch plate and the singlecut without scratch plate?

I am buying a new guitar in July (reward from the wife for painting hte inside of our house), but she's only given me a budget of $1500 to spend. I'd love a USA PRS...she prefers singlecuts to the doubles....

What would you suggest for getting the best PRS I could afford?

Paint the house again. And threaten to withhold sex.

Full disclosure - that second one has never worked for me.

yeah, she's a master at that....been married 16 years in june, so you do the math...

Back