Why did I wait so long?

trojanhov

I don’t know why I waited so long to get a PRS. So here’s what happened today... went to pick up my Stripped 58 from Wild West Guitars in Pasadena, CA. Scott over there is the repair guy and does just a phenomenal job with my guitars. I had Scott do the treble bleed mod with the 180pF ceramic capacitors as suggested. I went to demo my guitar and decided to compare it to some other high end custom shop guitars.

Line up:
1. Custom shop Gibson r9 ($12k)
2. Fender custom shop tele 62? ($4k)
3. Suhr Classic s Pro hss ($2k ish)
4. Fender custom shop strat ($4k)

Played through a two rock classic reverb with a 4x12 cab....

The Gibson felt lifeless to me. In my opinion ...unacceptable. Especially for $12k. Felt like a piece of furniture!

The fenders felt very anemic compared to my Stripped 58 and they hummed like nothing else. Even the Suhr felt this way too!

That being said, the stripped 58 with 57/08 pickups is special. Extremely special. Through the two rock, it sounded like magic! It sounds awesome through my z-28 too, but I realized that trading the Suhr Classic t pro for the stripped 58 was the best gear trade I’ve made to date. It is that good. It’s not going anywhere!

p825oXJ.jpg
These guys have such a great selection of guitars too. Not affiliated whatsoever!

The rattlesnake is just killer.

DFD is the sh!t. I'd love to visit the store.

oh yeah, forgot about the guitar...strippers are great! I miss mine. I do still have the 5708's from it though, which sound sweet.

It’s a nice store! I, however, very much miss the Voodoo Lounge. :( Markie has a off/on love affair with the Rattler. ;)

In defense of the R9s, you can spend half of that and get a sublime R9. It doesn’t have to have the glitz. Or, ask 11Top...you can get both.

When 57/08s are dialed in they can be phenomenal- congrats!

Some beauties down there!

Back