Why Can't I Find a 594 Singlecut Like This?

billyjk

I've posted here a few times saying that I am looking for a 594 SC McCarty burst. I hoped to find one at the Experience, but no dice. I am looking for a McCarty burst like the one on the PRS site. The only McCarty bursts I've been able to find anywhere in the US for months now are faded bursts (plenty of those) and a few that are close, but not like the one on the site. Those that come somewhat close have really distinctive "teardrop" bursts or they have colors that are just too contrast-y. I can't find one like the one on the site.

I know that I can order, wait 12-14 months and hope that it's actually what I want. But, I was hopeful that something that looks like what PRS promotes as a McCarty burst would actually be available in stores. Not in the time that I've been looking.

For me, I am looking at that type of typical McCarty burst as it's to replace an instrument I've sold in the past couple of years that had the same look. I've got guitars to play - no problem there - but I am interested in "that" look.

Suggestions/advice?

Damn! That was obviously just posted with so few views.
Plus it's somewhat local to me.

I will be looking into this further. Need to see it in person, as Tobacco Bursts tend to be brown bursts, not cherry bursts.

Thanks for such a quick heads-up!
-bk

Damn! That was obviously just posted with so few views.
Plus it's somewhat local to me.

I will be looking into this further. Need to see it in person, as Tobacco Bursts tend to be brown bursts, not cherry bursts.

Thanks for such a quick heads-up!
-bk

It says tobacco burst, but that's a generic pic of McCarty burst.

Keep in mind that the website pics are super nice pro photos and the guitars don't necessarily look like that under normal conditions and in regular-guy photos.

Back