Why are PRS Silversky Core backlogged for a year now? Aren't they made in Maryland?

Thanks. It’s the first guitar I’ve ever bought where I haven’t been able to put hands on a similar one first. I have high confidence though
I have 2 SS's - one maple neck - one rosewood fretboard. If you have played Strat's, I think you will find the SS a joy to play and the tones are more Strat like than many of the Strats that I have played over the years. Can't wait to see pics and your thoughts.

Often overlooked is the fact that COVID hospitalizations by age group are pretty evenly distributed. While it's true that deaths predominate among older folks, there are currently as many 18-49 age group hospitalizations as those over 65. Add in the 50-65 age group and you have even more.

Throw in the people who stay home sick for several days but aren't hospitalized, and you have a pretty good-sized slice of working people whose absence has done a lot to screw up the supply chain.

Also, COVID has killed over 210,000 people under the age of 65 in the US. Dead people can't work (as far as we know...).

I realize you were half-joking, but it'll be interesting to see whether that's in fact true, when the statistics are analyzed. I have my doubts.

There have also been a ton of working mothers who were stuck at home, home-schooling their kids. That's a lot of lost productivity, and several I know personally decided to bite the bullet, quit their jobs, and just work part-time (if at all).
Just wanted to add on more through to the above - given the current cost of gas, there may be quite a few people deciding not to work or accept jobs with long commutes, as is the case for many people in my area. Just adds to the workplace shortage issues.

I finally received my Roxy Pink Silver Sky from Guitar Center back in December. Wow, off the box it was tuned, great intonation, and beautiful. I see why PRS fans love PRS guitars. The neck, frets, the pickups, the quality of build, just amazing.

Now, was I wowed the same way I was when I got my 2021 Gibson Les Paul in Transparent Cherry? Sad to say, no. PRS delivered on ALL its promises to this guitar. It's probably the best built guitar I have ever owned. For some reason, though, it's just not as engaging to me as my custom Black1 Fender Strat, or my Gibson Les Paul, or my Fender Dragon Telecaster.

So recently Fender issued a 1961 American Vintage II Strat in Fiesta Red and Rosewood fingerboard. I ordered one and will arrive in June of this year.

For now, I continue to play the Roxy Pink to get acquainted with it. I am trying. But it's just not as inspiring as the sound and feel of a Fender.

Chill, dude. It's been 2 years of pandemic, and supply chain problems out the wazoo. Plus, here's a 166 brand new Silver Sky you can pick from. Guess that means "ALL guitar stores are out of stock" is a tad inaccurate.

The op is correct. It's now 18 months later and the supplies of new PRS Guitars are non-existent! Why?

The op is correct. It's now 18 months later and the supplies of new PRS Guitars are non-existent! Why?
You’d better check out some other stores. Just because they may not be where you’re looking doesn’t mean they aren’t out there. There are a lot of new PRS guitars out there. Non existent, again, is a touch over the top.

You’d better check out some other stores. Just because they may not be where you’re looking doesn’t mean they aren’t out there. There are a lot of new PRS guitars out there. Non existent, again, is a touch over the top.
Peach in England has seven, Andertons has six, MusicStreet has four and GuitarGuitar (best prices) has nine... Only four shops I tried before I got bored

I finally received my Roxy Pink Silver Sky from Guitar Center back in December. Wow, off the box it was tuned, great intonation, and beautiful. I see why PRS fans love PRS guitars. The neck, frets, the pickups, the quality of build, just amazing.

Now, was I wowed the same way I was when I got my 2021 Gibson Les Paul in Transparent Cherry? Sad to say, no. PRS delivered on ALL its promises to this guitar. It's probably the best built guitar I have ever owned. For some reason, though, it's just not as engaging to me as my custom Black1 Fender Strat, or my Gibson Les Paul, or my Fender Dragon Telecaster.

So recently Fender issued a 1961 American Vintage II Strat in Fiesta Red and Rosewood fingerboard. I ordered one and will arrive in June of this year.

For now, I continue to play the Roxy Pink to get acquainted with it. I am trying. But it's just not as inspiring as the sound and feel of a Fender.
Heh, PRS’s aren’t for everyone. Either are Fender and Gibson. Different strokes for different folks

Back