Whos buying lottery?

The Fight

Long Hair Demigod
Well... I did. Just twice.
I'm actually surprised no one has brought it up yet. It's up so high I just don't know what to say, I mean if never won the lottery, so I don't know how much money is too much money.

Well it will be interesting to see who wins and how much will they win. I think it's up at 1.5 billion. All the things you can do with at money. I just hope the guy don't get a heart attack, lol that would suck.

1.5 billion is rich rich. If I won , I know exactly the person/sister that would call me first. Lol.

Any thoughts?

Can't win if you don't play, so I'm in. If I'm gonna dream big, I might as well drop a couple of bucks on the opportunity to fufill some of those dreams.

I had to get in the pool at work.

I'll be d@mned if I'm going to be the only one of our crew stuck at work kicking myself.

I can't win cuz I won't play. One of the problems with being an engineer is knowing what the odds of winning do to your chances. 1/292 million doesn't excite me. Yeah, I know, somebody is going to win. I'm happy for them.

My dad used to say, "I'm richer by far, with a satisfied mind" (it's actually a phrase in an old Country song).

So that makes the expected value of the $2 ticket about $5. You can guarantee the net $3 by skipping the morning coffee at a lot of places.
That's a contradiction in terms. The expected value can't be guaranteed... and I don't drink coffee. o_O

I've always believed that the lottery is a tax on the math challenged. However, for 1.5 billion I don't mind being a little challenged. I'm buying one for the fun of it.

Correct. Your odds of sharing it go up, the more people play, but your odds of winning are exactly the same as they were before, irrespective of the jackpot.
That's a contradiction in terms. The expected value can't be guaranteed... and I don't drink coffee. o_O
He's saying if you spend 5 less dollars than you normally would, and you spend 2 dollars on a ticket, then you've saved 3 dollars (rather than the 5 you would have saved if you hadn't bought the ticket).

It's the new math.

And your insurance will pay for it, too (unless you have State Farm or Allstate, of course).
I'm thinking of a big one that wipes out the whole neighborhood, If your going to fear something, might as well make it worth the trouble.

I'm thinking of a big one that wipes out the dinosaurs, If your going to fear something, might as well make it worth the trouble.

I fixed it for ya.
That is for sure the one that I need to worry about. I feel like a Dino most days...

I play on occasion and I've got a couple tickets now.

If I win I'LL buy every forum member a set of winged tuners!

I'm throwing a few bucks at it. Faded is pretty much right - it's about as likely as me waking up in bed between Heather Graham and Brie Larson on Thursday, but I know that going in. But there will be the inevitable story about someone who ripped into their savings and spent some incredible amount on this.

Back