Who Would You Want To Front Your Band?

Holy Cow! I'm out of breath watching that, and I think I got a little teary-eyed too. Breathtaking!
That was one of my favorite songs in the world back when that song was brand new and it was on regular rotation on the radio.
That was also back when I was only a drummer and hadn't picked up my current guitar addiction. Portnoy's drumming today inspires me just as much as Peart's drumming did back in the early 80's.
This singer... Holy Cow! Never heard of this cat before but THAT has got to be the new gold standard for rock vocalists. Myself, having sucked at at singing as badly as I have in the past, have now gone and paid for some vocal training (which I have not yet completed). I may never be as good as this Dino Jelusick but that is certainly a good example of great singers to add to my goals to aim for.

I need a break and then I think I'll watch that video a few more times.

...and why the hell don't I have a singlecut Goldtop yet! I was supposed to get one when I turned 50! hahahaha

Listen to “Dirty Shirley” with Dino and George Lynch. The whole album is really good.

And for those naming Dio, check out Dino’s vocal here:

Off the top of my head -

Warren Haynes
Jerry Cantrell
John Bush
James Hetfield (85-86ish)
Pepper Keenan from Corrosion of Conformity
Mike Ness from Social Distortion
Evan Seinfeld from Biohazard
Stickman from Fury of Five
Antony DiMartini from E.Town Concrete

This would cover every style that I like to play.
You going for a choir?

Couldn’t disagree more. It’s all about the MUSIC.
Totally agree.

Though there are folks who can deliver a song really well who don't necessarily have great voices. Tom Petty, for example.

But I also love singers like Bonnie Raitt, who has a legit range and there are texture singers like Sade, whose voice is velvet.

I'd have listed my son, who has a super strong range, but he won't play in my band. :rolleyes:

Back