Who Would You Want To Front Your Band?

Huge Koko Taylor fan here, and I agree, it would be fun to have her out in front. I was lucky enough to catch her at a small club not long before she passed and it's an experience I treasure. Not a whole lot of solo chances and pretty basic shuffles in her repertoire for the six string, but as you indicated, definitely fun.

As for me, I'd love to have Jimmy Barnes as my front man. He's huge in Australia and almost got the gig with AC/DC over Brian Johnson. If you haven't heard his version of Lazy with Joe Bonamossa, it's worth checking out.

The frontman has to sell the band, so I guess P.T. Barnum.
My lead singers would be Annie Haslam and Frank Sinatra.

(I have the entire lineup but that's not what was asked for.)

Hmmmm. Tough one. I'll be down to earth and say Katie, my girlfriend. She's got the technique, but never practices. It's frustrating because she could be great again (used to do a lot show tune stuff)....but doesn't actually try, despite words claiming the opposite.

In a fantasy world?? Singing MY songs?? Fronting MY band????

After a bit of thought, Adam Lambert.

Dino Jelusick, the best hard rock vocalist today.

Holy Cow! I'm out of breath watching that, and I think I got a little teary-eyed too. Breathtaking!
That was one of my favorite songs in the world back when that song was brand new and it was on regular rotation on the radio.
That was also back when I was only a drummer and hadn't picked up my current guitar addiction. Portnoy's drumming today inspires me just as much as Peart's drumming did back in the early 80's.
This singer... Holy Cow! Never heard of this cat before but THAT has got to be the new gold standard for rock vocalists. Myself, having sucked at at singing as badly as I have in the past, have now gone and paid for some vocal training (which I have not yet completed). I may never be as good as this Dino Jelusick but that is certainly a good example of great singers to add to my goals to aim for.

I need a break and then I think I'll watch that video a few more times.

...and why the hell don't I have a singlecut Goldtop yet! I was supposed to get one when I turned 50! hahahaha

Dino Jelusick, the best hard rock vocalist today.

Current singers, Dino, all day. He’s been out with Trans Siberian Orchestra a few times, and is currently a member of Whitesnake, doing keys and backing vocals. If Coverdale isn’t going to tour any more (after this tour), as reported, Dinomwould be great to take over the road duties.

As for singers from days gone by, Freddie Mercury or Coverdale.

Here‘s a new song from Michael Romeo with Dino on vox

Off the top of my head -

Warren Haynes
Jerry Cantrell
John Bush
James Hetfield (85-86ish)
Pepper Keenan from Corrosion of Conformity
Mike Ness from Social Distortion
Evan Seinfeld from Biohazard
Stickman from Fury of Five
Anthony DiMartini from E.Town Concrete

This would cover every style that I like to play.

Last edited:
Someone that is alive and his current vocal performance Ray Alder, No Question About it...
Someone that is alive and his past vocal performance Steve Perry
Someone that has passed away and is sorely missed Ronnie James Dio, personally feel he had the greatest voice in Music.

And for those who are not familiar with Ray Alder

Back