Who is PETE DALE???

tonyvenn

Hi all......

I just had a NGD....

2012 Swamp Ash Studio. Plays like a dream...

Anyway...when I bought it, I knew I was getting an "Artist Relations" guitar. I removed the pickups, and there is a PARTIAL "modcat" and in the bridge cavity it says "ARTIST RELATIONS PETE DALE"

I am unfamiliar with the name and Google doesn't really find anything.

Is this the artist? Is this someone from PRS?

Basically....I'd like to find out who the artist was...

I can post photos if it will be of help to any of you PRS detectives....

Tony

Hello....

Thanks all!

I apologize MAPete...I am unfamiliar with your work, I didn't realize you were a member here....but the guitar is awesome! I went with the white/cream pickup rings. Looks stellar on the aged white finish.It is definitely a keeper....

It is the counterpart to my 25th Ann. Swamp Ash Special with 3 Nearfields (best pickups ever)

Here's a few shots.....

He's getting the needling above because he's been on an epic tear - averaging 10+ guitars a year for a ten year run... I think he said his last one was #88 or #89 - and that is PRS only...

Thanks all for the compliments....

Mike (Red Guitar)....I'd post more photos...but I'm thinking instead of doing this: www.guitarphotobooks.com

I have 12 PRSi now and I think I'm pretty much done. I'd like to have them all photographed and kept in a book. To show off, and also, to give a copy to my insurance agent (if they should ever get lost, stolen or damaged) Most of them are not produced any longer and to get replacements would have to be Private Stocks.....

The website is in the UK....but I'm sure I could find someone in the US that does the same thing. I would do short write-ups for each guitar to go along with all the photos....make it into a nice coffee-table book.

Tony

Congrats, Tony! That is a great guitar.

The folks in the PRS Artist Relations group were kind enough to make that for me in 2012, when my band was doing a gig at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. (I don't think I disclosed at the time that it was an Artist guitar.) They also made one for our other guitarist, a Lefty Cu24, he still has it and gigs it proudly on a regular basis.

Looking back on that now, I suppose when you are lucky enough to get PRS to build you a guitar in that context, as an Artist Guitar, you should keep it forever!! But those of you that know me know that my brain doesn't quite work that way. ;) I sold it later in 2012 after the gig, as I was getting back to 100% 24.5" guitars in the collection, and I wasn't playing it much.

Anyway, it was great of PRS to do that for me, and it is a killer guitar! I love that look in the white finish with the Hybrid Hardware, gorgeous. I am glad to see someone enjoying it here on the Forum, congrats!!

Now that Photobucket is back up, I can see the pics. Wow! Nice guitar! And great story, MA Pete. I dream of the day when PRS even considers the merest possibility of associating with me through some sort of Artist Relations...

Until then, I'll just keep gigging with what I've got, which ain't half-bad!

WINNER! I'd take that guitar ANY TIME! Love it!!! I love my white NF3 and that looks MUCH nicer!

Tony,
Congratulations! That is a great looking guitar!. :)

Pete,
You never cease to amaze. :)

Back