Who here plays and likes the Mira?

Uh...Me, too.

The weird thing is, I have bought and sold the same stuff over and over. I buy it, like it, but get hooked on something else. Then missed it, bought another one, eventually sold it only to buy yet another one later. Rinse and repeat.

However, I’ve slowed down a bit since getting the PS models.

I had a 245 Mira stupidly sold it ;(
I have a Core Mira it made the cut over several others in my recent sell off.
Why you might ask -
1) Light weight / Comfort - its a thin bodied Santana upper fret access is a dream, lightest PRS solid body I have ever touched
2) TONE - bright and punchy does not get lost in a mix or when jamming
3) Cost - One of the best bang for the buck PRS you can get.

IMG_3108 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/152274366@N08/

I played a core with flamed top when I was demo'ing a Mesa Mini Rec. The guitar was on sale (great price!) but I was there to buy an amp. I took the amp home and when I came back a month later (store is 3 hours away) the Mira was gone. I truly regret not buying that guitar. It was VERY nice and the best looking one I've seen shy of the PS'. And, I could have easily bought the Mini Rec later, but the Mira was gone.

Also note, PRSh has been quoted on a video as saying a few years back that whenever he was checking and he and Doug were devoloping amps, he picked up the Mira first because it sounded great, was so versatile, and he love the pickups. Given his choices, I'd say that carries a lot of weight with me. So, again, should have bought the flame top core!

Oh, I did play a regular core at the same time. It was almost as great, but different. All hog and had that SG vibe going. The flametop was a little brighter and that made the SC tones pop a little more as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a 2008 Mira Maple Top prototype and then a 2008 Mira Limited in Jet White. Loved the both. Playing a Custom 22 soap bar now. You can find a great Core Mira on eBay or Reverb for about $1,000.

I have a Core 2008 Mira with maple top. Love it as a bought used 59/09 pickups and put them in. I bought mine used from Reverb, did not have original pickups in it. Anyway I love the way the guitar sounds now and plays like butter.
chTr4uN.jpg

Last edited:
Back