Who here has an obscene amount of guitars?

It looks like 28 electrics if I didn't miscount, 3 acoustics, a mandolin, and a set of bagpipes. Quite a few are research projects. Every time that I mention selling one, you guys always go for the good ones.
509 PS GOTM
515 PS
3x513 Rosewood
2x513 1-Off’s
513 Swamp Ash
305 Prototype
408 Standard (post production relic job)
Experience 408 Semi-Hollow
Signature Limited
DGT
Johnny Hiland 1-Off
SAS
SAS 1-Off
SASNF
Swamp Ash Studio
Soap Bar
2xHollowbody I
Experience P24
Modern Beagle (not a typo)
SC-245
Custom Shop 69 Fender Stratocaster (relic)
JTV-59
JTV-69
Breedlove 12 String
Taylor 614CE
Ovation Elite Deep Bowl
Godin A-8 Mandolin
I wouldn't mind hearing about some of those one-offs -- especially the Johnny Hiland model.

I wouldn't mind hearing about some of those one-offs -- especially the Johnny Hiland model.
The Johnny Hiland, also know as "Mike's Lizard," has all the stuff a regular Hiland has with an Iguana Run finish and chrome pick up rings. The big difference with the production Hiland is that push-pull splits the neck and bridge humbucker rather than just the neck. It's called "Mike's Lizard," because Mike Duncan had it before me, briefly.
DSC_0036.jpg

In the same vein, this is "Skippy." She's an SAS in Ocean Teal with chrome pick up rings. Her pick ups are RP's which are sometimes called Modern Eagles with a Fralin Blues Special in the middle which makes for an aggressive Swamp Ash Special.
DSC_0053-1.jpg

Next up is what looks like a 513 in Charcoal Burst which is a cool finish, but look closer. The Charcoal Burst doesn't fade into black, but fades into gunmetal blue which is a metallic flake paint job.
DSC_0016-1.jpg
DSC_0026-1.jpg

The final one is a HB I in purple burst. It's one of the few HB I's with a piezo. It has the chrome pick up rings too. On top of that, it also has a brazilian rosewood fretboard and headstock vaneers with paua inlays, but the piece de resistance is an extraordinarily tight quilted top which only reveals itself up close. It used to have uncovered archtops pick ups, but I had them replaced by the PTC with uncovered first generation 5708's.
DSC_0010-2.jpg
DSC_0018.jpg
DSC_0057.jpg

Last edited:
There's no one around here like that, at all. Unless you mean verbally obscene, then that includes most of us. Ok, well, at least me. :D
Sorry, you lost the context for me. "No-one around here like that" for what? There are certainly Forum members with what I consider large collections of guitars that have been selling some off on VR and other places.

Sorry, you lost the context for me. "No-one around here like that" for what? There are certainly Forum members with what I consider large collections of guitars that have been selling some off on VR and other places.
Subtlety is the artistry invoked with sarcasm. ;)

From a point of empathy, if I decided to add or subtract from my personal collection - however large - I'd certainly not appreciate it being a point of speculation on the Internet. Maybe that's a better question posed via PM to the individuals?

Current count is 2 electrics, 1 acoustic, all PRS! Plus 1 amp and an absurd amount of pedals :confused:

2001 Custom 22, Black
2006 CE22, Whale Blue
2013 SE Angelus Custom

Subtlety is the artistry invoked with sarcasm. ;)

From a point of empathy, if I decided to add or subtract from my personal collection - however large - I'd certainly not appreciate it being a point of speculation on the Internet. Maybe that's a better question posed via PM to the individuals?
Ah, I see.

If you go to the forum I mentioned, it is quite clear that some members here sell off every now and then. Same user names, same (or recycled) avatars, etc. I wasn't trying to call anyone out, just saying people's collection sizes fluctuate. Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like anything more than that.

I own an even number of guitars. I find that odd.

A friend of mine is just goofy though - said the number of guitars he would like to own is pi, which I find irrational.

I hate math jokes, mostly because I'm not smart enough to get them. I took creationist algebra in junior high.

I work with numbers all day. When someone asks, I always reply with, "I can make it add up to whatever you want." Same thing with guitars! :D

I'd like the numbers on my paycheck to have 8 characters to the left of the decimal point. Can we make that happen?

3 electrics (2prs)
2 very cheap acoustics but I kinda dig them
Wife just started playing guitar, convincing her she needs a hollybody i in her life.... or a lake placid blue strat

Back