Who here has an obscene amount of guitars?

I do. Obscene by any standards, either mine, wife's, doesn't matter.
Suffice to say I've got guitars from more than 20 different builders.

13 PRS
1 Fender
1 Gibson
1 Ernie Ball
1 Xotic

3 PRS amps
1 Kemper

A bunch of pedals

More than I ever expected to have. Not obscene though.....always need one more!

My measure of obscenity is reserved for other areas. Some of the best people I know are obscene guitarists...although I'm not sure what that means. o_O

Guitar:
2 PRS
2 Gibson
2 Nash
2 B3
1 R&R Relics
1 G&L
1 Schecter

Bass:
1 G&L
1 Ibanez

Acoustic:
1 Rainsong
1 Ibanez
1 Yamaha

Amps:
2 Friedman
1 Fender
1 EVH
1 Laney
1 Mojotone

You left off a "0", so I fixed it.

Allow me to clarify my previous statement.

I don't think 20 guitars is a BAD 'obscene.'

Quite the opposite.

I'd call 20 guitars (or more) a most glorious and beautiful GOOD obscene.

If I had room for that many, I surely would start the stockpiling efforts...but my man cave is 75% full with an obscene amount of reptiles (16, to be precise).

Perhaps I need to knock out a wall, and extend the safe house another 15 feet...thus creating room sufficient to store as many guitars as I currently house snakes???

:-D

I say - 20 guitars is obscene.

My wife says - 2 guitars is obscene.

We have come to a mutually satisfactory agreement.

The CINC-HOUSE approved number is five. I'm allowed to have 5 guitars. Period. Dot. End of sentence.

I have four, now. Gotta be picky for the grand finale...and that Satin Vela thingy is making me contemplate the meaning of life!
You have got to pull the trigger on the Vela :D

I thought I had an obscene number of guitars but after reading through this thread (which I will show to my better half), I now conclude that I need more :D

5 PRS (all core)
3 Fender
1 Fender Bass
1 Taylor
7 different amps
approx 10 pedals + 3 loop machines

I think I'm up to 27 total. I'm almost ashamed but I keep telling myself that they're just tools

:p

I only have 1 PRS, and it was a gift. A Mccarty. They were always too pricey for me. I have two Fender strats that I love, a really nice Hamer Artist from the 90's, and a Lowly Gretsch Projet. The two acoustics I own are middle to lower end, an Alvarez and Washburn dreads. Ukuleles...., that's a different story. I have 4 Kamaka's, a soprano, a concert, and two Tenors... they are the PRS of Hawaii and highly sought and coveted. My 1958 Soprano is really valuable...

Back