Who has an old SE Singlecut? What's happening with these things?

Every home should have one ...

... at least a SE Singlecut Korina with 59/09 pickups. :D

full

So Schlitz is the beer of choice for impulse buying? Or is that only for guitars under $1,000?

I have never tried it myself but it has proven to be very effective in the past with one of our esteemed members. What happens is the following day after a glass or two of this brew you receive a text message on your phone and you go "tracking number for what???"

I double-dare you to buy a pack this weekend!

I have one in cherry sunburst, bought sight unseen for $300 from a Guitar Center in Minnesota. Was virtually brand new except for the bridge pickup, which the previous owner had not wired in correctly. Great, great guitar. I'd love to have several more.

They are great guitars. We have a trem with a USA Vintage Bass and a Pearly Gates and it sounds and plays amazing. My son owns that and a DGT and plays the SE Singlecut trem much more than the DGT. He likes the neck better.

i got my bridge pickup cos of your signature ;)

Last edited:
My son has a beautiful 2012 Singlecut Trem and I can honestly says it's one of the nicest guitars either of us have played (that says a lot when you take into account our combined collection stands at over 130 guitars) I've found that pretty much any of the SE range are well above their league let alone price range. I currently own a 2004 SE Soapbar & 2010 SE Tremonti as well as 5 other SE's & a 2015 Core McCarty. I know that no matter which SE I chose for a gig none of them ever let me down.

My sons 2012 SE Singlecut Trem

My 2003 SE Singlecut Soapbar

My 2010 SE Tremonti
[
The Tremonti actually has the wide fat neck carve as opposed to the wide thin

Link to my full collection of 111 guitars
https://www.flickr.com/photos/76319442@N04/albums/72157632741036277

Last edited:
I had an SE sgl but I just didn't gel with it, sold it a couple months later.
Tone was OK but ergo & feel wasn't what I liked.

I had a single cut trem in burst like the one pictured just above. I would grab one again in a heart beat if I could get more comfortable with the egos of it. I think for single cut stuff, the tele is just easier for me. Outside of that, it played well and recorded well. Just another victim of the trade addiction.

I have a singlecut from 2007 does that qualify. its pitch black and black fingerboard. 1 volume and 1 tone. I used to think that if you didn't have a v and t for each pickup you were lame. Now 2 knobs and a switch is just enough.
I got it for 1/3 the regular price.used ,needed a fret buffing. I replaced the tone pot with an EXP. 9 volt powered tone expanding device
around here people buy an SE and sell it for less than 1/2 a year later. go figure. Now you have an inexpensive ax that plays great,
you can drill holes in it add and subtract parts and experiment all you want.

I have a singlecut from 2007 does that qualify. its pitch black and black fingerboard. 1 volume and 1 tone. I used to think that if you didn't have a v and t for each pickup you were lame. Now 2 knobs and a switch is just enough.
I got it for 1/3 the regular price.used ,needed a fret buffing. I replaced the tone pot with an EXP. 9 volt powered tone expanding device
around here people buy an SE and sell it for less than 1/2 a year later. go figure. Now you have an inexpensive ax that plays great,
you can drill holes in it add and subtract parts and experiment all you want.[/QUOT. And that, Tony,, is why I have 6 SE`s, all modified to my hearts desire.

i got my bridge pickup cos of your signature ;)

If you meant the picture of my Hoyt...most excellent. We'll be eating well this year, no tofu. Colorado has provided us with plenty of meat.

I had a stoptail SE Singlecut a long while ago. It was nice, but I honestly don't think it can compare with the SEs that PRS is putting out these days. They're just something else.

Back