Who else is loving the S2 Vernon Reid Vela???

I really just want to check out the V neck carve.

If it's the same as his Parker, it is extremely deep. I happen to love it. More along the lines of a Clapton V. It's really easy to get used to.

As good as the PRS trem is, if you're really dive-bombing, it ain't staying in tune...
If I may share, on my other guitar with a Wilkinson V something bridge trem matched with locking tuners and teflon impregnated nut, I divebomb on it like crazy and it stays in tune.

I haven't gone crazy on my PRS SE Singlecut whammy yet, but I'd like to mod it with locking tuners and better nut when money allows.

Off topic... sorry.

If I may share, on my other guitar with a Wilkinson V something bridge trem matched with locking tuners and teflon impregnated nut, I divebomb on it like crazy and it stays in tune.

I haven't gone crazy on my PRS SE Singlecut whammy yet, but I'd like to mod it with locking tuners and better nut when money allows.

Off topic... sorry.

Eddie started off with a vintage 6 screw for the first 2 albums and he was fine. The core PRS trem stays in perfect tune no matter what you do to it. You can completely slacken the strings and it will return to pitch.

If it's the same as his Parker, it is extremely deep. I happen to love it. More along the lines of a Clapton V. It's really easy to get used to.

Then I may need to check it out. I LOVED the neck on the Clapton I had in the late 80s/early 90s.

I use my prs trems a lot but they don't stay in tune as well as Sergios do. Not sure what the trick is. I Lube MY String slots and fulcrum screws.

I like the idea of Vela trem. Not sure what to think about HFS pickups being their choice.

I use my prs trems a lot but they don't stay in tune as well as Sergios do. Not sure what the trick is. I Lube MY String slots and fulcrum screws.

I like the idea of Vela trem. Not sure what to think about HFS pickups being their choice.

I also can't usually get my PRS trem to stay 100% in tune with total dive bombs. Usually fine with anything short of that. My SE CU24 with a TusqXL nut stays pretty darn close, good enough to get through the last half of the the last song in my previous band's live set after a dive bomb in the solo, but if I check it on the tuner I can see that I'm a little out. I'm convinced it's a nut thing, and I think any guitar brand would have that problem with anything short of a locking nut. Although I would like to have someone that's a real ace with the PRS trem set mine up sometime and see how it compares.

Anyways, the VR Vela... fricken cool. I don't need one, as I don't ride a trem hard enough to need a Floyd. I can kinda see the 2 HFS pickups though - I've not cared for the Vintage Bass pairing with the HFS, at least the SE incarnation of those pickups. The VB was underpowered and lacking in midrange.

I recommend everyone watch the Guitar World performance that Vernon and crew did over the weekend. His playing on the Vela was nuts! If you don't get the guitar yet, you will.

Back