Who did u meet at the PRS 30th anniversary event

wardog

What the gravy and cheese!!!!
Yes I am that excited. I just meet hanger18 and his awesome wife at the concert. Really nice folks. I saw jfd via his monogrammed hoodie. Need to say hello before the night is done. Oh as for the concert WOW us all I can say!!!

I had a near miss with JustRob and JFB last night. My wife and I are looking forward to catching up with everyone at the brunch. She has a pink stripe in her hair. I don't have any stripes - or any hair left to speak of, really.

It was nice to meet jfb, bobbyd, markie, and others at the brunch. Fun time today. Everyone have a safe trip back home.

I'm enjoying tales from the great LSchefman in the lobby of HGI right now. Met Aristotle, Dr Dre, dprather and got to hang with all the guys I already knew. Great people. Great time.

Last edited:
I'm second only to Alan in mangling names, so I'm not going to embarrass myself trying to make a list. I'll just say that it was great seeing you guys again!

I will give a shout out to Les, who made his first trip to the factory ever (in black t-shirt and jeans, of course). Good to finally meet you!

I'm enjoying tales from the great LSchefman in the lobby of HI right now. Met Aristotle, Dr Dre, do rather and got to hang with all the guys I already knew. Great people. Great time.

Was it sort of like meeting the "most interesting man in the world"?

Was it sort of like meeting the "most interesting man in the world"?

It was boring for everybody else because I'm a garrulous old fart! But they put up with me and were nice anyway.

I was humbled by the friendship every single person I met showed me. There are so many new friends to thank for their hospitality, warmth, and fun times that I would feel terrible if I left anyone out of a shout-out or thank-you list. Everyone was so cool.

I felt I didn't get to spend enough time with anyone I met - can't wait to see you all again (and I hope we all get to do that soon!). You, my friends are the best!!

I'm second only to Alan in mangling names, so I'm not going to embarrass myself trying to make a list. I'll just say that it was great seeing you guys again!

I will give a shout out to Les, who made his first trip to the factory ever (in black t-shirt and jeans, of course). Good to finally meet you!

I feel the same way, Bill! But didn't get to spend enough time talking with you and your lovely wife - how'd that go by so fast?

Hey Rob, the HGI was a hoot last night...meeting the Indiana, Baltimore, KC (JFB) and Maryland folks was incredible. Thanks so much for introducing me around.

I thought I was smart until I met Aristotle.

Indiana guys - you are awesome to hang with. It was great meeting Martysnarf with you too. Jamie - funny as hell. Vaughn, what can I say, rescued me at the airport and showed me the ropes. Alan and his wife, gracious and great to be around.

Dave, Dane, Wedge, Bill...gosh I hope I'm not leaving out anyone. We had a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Anything else happen that was cool Wardog? :wink:
Ha. Yes a ngd day. I will post pics of the s2 30th anniversary guitar I snagged. I will have it up tomorrow. Having fun with it at the moment. The stock pickups are really good to my ears.

Hey guys,

Got to meet up with Boogie (Kerry), Markie, JFB, Jeff, Ron, and Steve! Great seeing everyone! Hope they bring back the Experiences and that we can keep meeting up and hanging out with great musicians and great friends! Also got to meet up with John and Roxanne Mann, who are great people!

Dre

I didn't get to see anybody - probably because they all saw me and suddenly had something else to do in another direction...

Bob is right - I know I'm going to mangle more than enough names in the days to come...

And for being centuries old, he's extremely well preserved!

He doesn't look a day over 770!

The event, as usual, was a great time. I got to see many of the usual suspect - Jamie, Vaughn, Rob, Rob's son Steve, Jesse, Markie, Steve, Gary, JD, Bob...uh, Bill, and quite a few others. I saw some guys I never got a chance to say hey to, and somehow or another, I missed some of the guys I was looking for. It was great to see all my employee friends, some who know me by name and more who don't but still remember the face (sorry about that!). Outstanding to say hi to Shawn again - I do miss seeing you on the board, brother!

Great to meet David and Vaughn's son Jakeb (I hope I got the spelling right, but I didn't, so I had to fix it - sorry Vaughn & Jakeb). More great additions to the hang at HGI.

This is pretty typical of how the weekend goes - during the final Q&A thing w/Paul and Jack, my wife and I were at the back of the tent, and somebody came over and asked if an empty chair was taken. We said know, he sat down and watched the rest of the session. No other words were spoken - I should have introduced myself, but I was caught up in what was going on. Fast forward over an hour later, we were shown to our table at Mike's, and I look up, and there's the same guy, sitting at a table across the room. He waved, pointed to his PRS shirt and waved again. So, if you're on the board, I apologize for not formalizing things - we'll have to do it next time.

So, what, 350 days until we do it again?

ETA: Thanks to Rob for inviting me to Nicky's hang out on Kent Island, and special thanks to Nicky for having it again. I missed the chance to come down for Experience PRLess last year. I'll leave it to others to tell the tales from there, other than to say - I have 43 seconds of video that will ensure I never hear "I Shot The Sheriff" the same way ever again.

Ever.

Last edited:
Back