Who did u meet at the PRS 30th anniversary event

And I knew I'd miss somebody, so apologies to Robin and Brian - it was great seeing both of you again as well.

Now, who will I remember next...

I don't know what any of you look like so I don't know if I met any of you or not. (Except for Wardog of course.)

But you may have seen me. There was a moment at the factory in the tent when Paul was thanking everyone and he also extended thanks to the wives who let us guys spend all that money on his guitars. That's when I began pointing to my wife in a bright red dress who was standing next to me because I thought she fit that description perfectly. Paul called me out on that action and we all determined that I was the junkie, she was the enabler and that Paul was the drug dealer. hahaha It was a fun exchange.

It is events like this and the Experience that cement what I feel is the underlying core vibe of this forum. I see this group as a slightly dysfunctional family with shared interest, respect and love for PRS, PRSh and our fellow members.

Paul talked about it himself in the closing remarks. It was all so natural and comfortable. He didn't, and neither did I, hear any complaints or grousing or unhappiness. It was like a huge family reunion where everyone actually wants to be there.

Sadly, there were people I wish were there who couldn't make it. If I mistakenly leave you off the list, it's only because I'm afflicted with Alan Name Mangling Syndrome.
At the top of my list is that Texas gentleman Lloyd Goldtop. Get yer arse up here, brother!
and in no particular order:
Chris CRGTR
Sergio
Geese
Hans
Corey
Peter
3Mike
Mike Garvey
Justmund
Boogie
Sinner
Gush
toothace
danerada

I also missed my yearly music injection from
Tony
Greg and Gary
David and Davey
Ricky
Nickey (didn't get to hear you play, brother!)

And I somehow missed meeting Aristotle and Wardog and probably countless others...

I'm not sure I met anyone new really, except Les. Was awesome meeting him. Very nice guy with a lot of cool stories and experiences! I was really trying to introduce Jakeb to everyone and show him around the factory. I met David, but I recognized him when he came up to me and I feel like we've met before. Everyone is right about not have enough time. That was my main disappointment with the event this year. It's tough to catch up with everyone you already know and meet new people(and remember those faces with the real names AND forum names). It's hard to do in a small window. I am happy I got to get to know everyone a little better this year. It's always a whirlwind. It was a great time as always though and I feel I've made friends I'll talk to the rest of my life.

I was there (pics hopefully up this evening) and had a great time. I recognized a few faces from your avatar pics but didn't insert myself into anyone's conversations.:redface: This was my first trip and had a wonderful time doing my own thing. My girlfriend likened me to when she was a kid and her Mom would take her to FAO Schwarts and tell her to pick something out...LOL. I DO look forward to the next PRS event and getting to know everyone! (Brian's Guitars on August 22 anyone?:hello:)

Rugerpc, not sure how we didn't cross paths this time, but it might have been the semi-zombie state facilitated by leaving 11Top's house at 3:30am, playing loud music until 12:30am (the next day) then walking 52,000 steps at PRS. *whew* My bad!

Pictures to come...

I'm not sure I met anyone new really, except Les. Was awesome meeting him. Very nice guy with a lot of cool stories and experiences! I was really trying to introduce Jakeb to everyone and show him around the factory. I met David, but I recognized him when he came up to me and I feel like we've met before. Everyone is right about not have enough time. That was my main disappointment with the event this year. It's tough to catch up with everyone you already know and meet new people(and remember those faces with the real names AND forum names). It's hard to do in a small window. I am happy I got to get to know everyone a little better this year. It's always a whirlwind. It was a great time as always though and I feel I've made friends I'll talk to the rest of my life.

It was awesome hanging with you, Vaughn. And Jakeb is a really nice young man, has his head on his shoulders and is great to talk with, too!

Couldn't agree more...meeting the next generation of PRS Enthusiasts was awesome...A big shout out to Vaughn and Rob's sons...you guys were great to talk to!! And the older (1st generation!!!) guys were...uh, well...ok.....Les, Vaughn. Rob, Jesse...Alan, Pfennrock, Markie...ET AL...Don't mean to leave anyone out...just an amazing way to spend a weekend...with gear addicts that all love showing their love of these guitars and ...also, MUCH appreciation to the entire PRS Staff!!
Now They ALL Rock!!

Crap, and a huge thank you for the later evening entertainment from Nicky M. and Mr. Deely... Finally, an interesting version of Margaritaville, along with I Shot the Sheriff!! (What Alan said^^^^^) What a great time!!

Rob:
Les seemed pretty darn excited to be there, didn't you think? I was only able to grab this photo of him in the lobby:

Les and Jamie were both killing with the stories in the HGI Lobby. Stuff you just can't get on a family forum. Priceless.

Ok...one more ...Bill , there is probably no other pair that have unknowingly shared more PRSi than us through trades and such...??
Hope you and the missus enjoyed yourselves...hope to see you soon.

I bumped into vchizzle at the HGI elevator Saturday (60 seconds of quality time) as he was going up and I was foraging for things to eat.

I never saw anyone else in the hotel. Next year I'll wear a sign :>)

BTW, Bev told me PRS is considering a September gathering next year to avoid summer hotel rates and traffic jams.

AND I met a very relaxed and friendly Paul (Reed Smith). It was great to see him having a good time with everybody during brunch.

And I met some very tasty crab cakes during the brunch. Yum

Mike Lawrence

Oh crap! I forgot to mention Bill SAS. I think that was the 1st time we met in person...

Might be because he was such a nice guy it seemed like I had known him for years. I'm not used to getting along so well with a Steelers fan.

Please forgive me.

Nah - just come down to the lobby!

And BillSAS - did I just miss you or do you not have the goatee and I didn't put 2 and 2 together?

I swear, I feel like I need two extra days and a notebook at this event every year.

And to echo Bill's (rugerpc's) thoughts, I missed a lot of forum members and musicians who couldn't be there. Somehow it didn't seem like a real PRS event without David Grissom. He's been at every one I've attended. And Tony McManus, Davy Knowles, Ricky Skaggs, the Graingers, Cody Kirby, and a host of other musicians. I thought I saw Lenny from a distance, but that was the only time - sorry I missed you! And I didn't see Doug Sewell, who I've never met, but I've enjoyed every time I've heard him talk about amps.

You know, this would all be much easier if we all just moved to Stevensville and camped out at the factory every day...

Last edited by a moderator:
Les and Jamie were both killing with the stories in the HGI Lobby. Stuff you just can't get on a family forum. Priceless.

There's nothing like a good naughty dentist story to add to the jollity of an evening. ;)

I bumped into vchizzle at the HGI elevator Saturday (60 seconds of quality time) as he was going up and I was foraging for things to eat.

BTW, Bev told me PRS is considering a September gathering next year to avoid summer hotel rates and traffic jams.

AND I met a very relaxed and friendly Paul (Reed Smith). It was great to see him having a good time with everybody during brunch.

And I met some very tasty crab cakes during the brunch. Yum

Mike Lawrence
Dammit, I knew I was forgetting someone. I've got the mind of a 90 year old these days:)

Back