Who’s Your Mr Woody?

I own hollowbodies but my most woody are my solidbodies. Go figure :confused:. My hollowbodies are certainly louder but not more woody.

I suppose it really depends on each individual guitar. This 57/08 limited for example sounds so radically different from my other PRS when played unplugged. It’s like magic. I can only attribute it to the guitar being the landlord and the strings being the tenant.
QdwYOQt.jpg

The McCarty 594 is my woodiest sounding one, which kinda makes sense since it’s one heckuva hunk o’ wood!

I’ve posted this pic too many times, but what the heck...maple top, African ‘hog back, Madagascar RW fretboard. The birds are mammoth ivory, which is why they’re not all sparkly.

I love a woody. Tone, that is. Tone. ;)

9jbLbz1.jpg
I dream of one just like that :cool:

No Mr Woody...all my guitars are female.

But I do have a trio of candidates for Ms Woody. <SNIP
One of these days I will get around to posting a dedicated and detailed thread on these 3...my concept was a personal collection of 3 Private Stock guitars, each with a different exotic wood top in a natural finish, with hollow construction (0, 1 and 2 f-holes), all with Brazilian necks and piezo bridges...to maximize the open woody sounds of these instruments. They all sound great unplugged...and produce excellent amplified acoustic tones...but of course that’s what they were conceived/designed to do. Because of the all-natural theme...they were named for my favorite mythological Earth Goddesses (Egyptian, Roman and Greek). I’ve posted the three individually over the past few years it took to complete the run, but don’t think I ever reviewed the concept...which seems appropriate for this thread.
Here are the Three Earth Goddesses:

Isis:
TPYBuLB.jpg

Terra:
ZT8EBax.jpg

Gaea:
nckGMuz.jpg
That top one is 10 different kinds of gorgeous. Wow.

Last edited:
Nooooo!!! <falls to knees in the pouring rain with clenched fists raised as a crack of lightning illuminates his agonized expression>

I'm totally not a drama queen!

But, yeah, in all seriousness, I am a huge fan of that guitar.
I remember that from the first time you commented on me posting a pic of it ;)

As I mentioned to the others, unicorns aren’t cheap! :D

11 Top? Tonart? :D

EDIT: forgot to answer the first question - we’re in the process of moving :)
I remember seeing 11top’s DIBS on that one, so I better not stand in his way. If he captures me and stacks all his guitars onto me in some secret torture SAW style chamber, I won’t be able to breathe after the 4th singlecut (though he swears by not exceeding 8lbs I believe). :p

Nonsense aside, after that last recent “Balrog’s Mane” McCarty and also another hoot of a PS in the oven, I’ve seriously got a gun to my head and the wife is itching to pull the trigger....

But man, I would have LOVED to have that Koa Killer!! One piece, and all that figure. But really my man, it’s fated to cross your path! And it’s your Mr Woody. It gives you uh....Wood!!

By all accounts I believe it’s a magic guitar.

Last edited:
Back