Which version of the DGT was David's favorite?

JasonE

I remember hearing David saying what year was his favorite version of the DGT but can't remember what year it was. Anyone else hear / remember that?

Don't remember, but go watch the 3-part "making of" video series for the SE DGT on YouTube. There was one particular core example he likes so much, he had PRS use it as the template for the SE.
Yup. I believe it was the first Goldtop/Moons he received way back when...

I remember hearing David saying what year was his favorite version of the DGT but can't remember what year it was. Anyone else hear / remember that?

Don't remember, but go watch the 3-part "making of" video series for the SE DGT on YouTube. There was one particular core example he likes so much, he had PRS use it as the template for the SE.
The template for the DGT SE is his 2010 Core DGT Gold Top. I recall him saying that he felt the best years for quality at PRS was after the 2008 financial crisis because Paul decided to keep everyone on the job at the factory, even though they weren't selling many new guitars. The theory behind this is that the production team had a TON of time to spend on each guitar, thus slightly increasing the quality.

I think it was this Five Watt World video where he said it, but I couldn't find the clip by scrolling through and not having to watch it again. It's an excellent video if you've got the time to watch it.

Last edited:
Back when I bought mine, I didn't like any of the finishes they were making them in. Wildwood decided to do a very small run of them in Abalone with a 10 top. When I saw it, I was hooked and had to have one. This finish is so nice looking in person. I did change the knobs over to clear from amber. I think they work with the finish color better. If I had a way to share pics I would post some. I have not really been motivated to make that happen. :(

Back