Which Strings - Signature Limited (10's)... Does it matter?

RocknPop

The subject line says it all. I need to replace the 10's on my Siggy. I have some D'Addario I can use. I started looking at Elixirs and other brands. I am not an audiophile... Will I notice a difference?

Re: Which Strings - Signature Limited (10's)... Does it matt

RocknPop said:
The subject line says it all. I need to replace the 10's on my Siggy. I have some D'Addario I can use. I started looking at Elixirs and other brands. I am not an audiophile... Will I notice a difference?

You're faced with one of the (I think) fun aspects of playing guitar. So set aside some time for yourself, grab a handful of different sets according to gauges, makers, coated or not, and have at it! Audiophile or not, I imagine you'll still be able to pick out subtle - and maybe not so subtle - differences. The more you try, the more you learn. Let your own ears be your guide. :idea:

Goldtop

Nice response. Thank you. I will. Show is Tuesday so probably after the show. :)

Great advice. Have fun. What you like, is what you like. I'm not sure any are "better," just maybe right for you and what you play.

Thanks to you RocknPop and bbriboflavin for the kind words. I think we can sometimes forget that so much of playing guitar - or most any other instrument - is subjective. Seldom is there an absolute right/wrong or yes/no about things. There are certain dos and don't that can result in damage (tightening truss rods too much, using your headstock to drive a nail in the wall to hang up that autographed picture of Cher, etc.). Beyond that, how it sounds and feels to you is about the only 'rule'.

Goldtop

Ever used DR strings? I use DR Tite-Fit on my semi-hollow and DR Pure Blues on my DC3.

steam-powered said:
Ever used DR strings? I use DR Tite-Fit on my semi-hollow and DR Pure Blues on my DC3.

Never used them. Seen them around a lot though. How's the tone?

Try the new EB Cobalt strings! I put some on my 335 copy and I loved them. I will put some on my C22 at some point...

I switched from D'Addario XL to the EB Cobalts. The only problem with switching is that I love them and cannot find them in anywhere now. Hopefully, EB can figure out how to make them faster.

I put .11's on my Siggy and enjoyed the increased power in chords but just went back to nickel .10's. It was a hair too stiff.

When i was young i bought Kramer 5150 strings by Ernie Ball.I thought that would be the shortcut to the magical sound of Eddie Van Halen.Later on i had friends putting on 13s on their guitar because SVR did so.They only did end up sounding the same without being able to bend the strings.A friend of mine use Elixirs and i actually found those feeling a bit stiffer.Use the Daddarios you have.I buy them cheap in 10 packs.You will notice a difference.New strings sound brighter.

Back