Which PRS would YOU release?

I would depart from the norm and bring out a PRS made of materials other than wood. It would be a Custom 22 or 24 with the body and neck made from graphite composite as one piece. I would make it available as trem and non-trem, locking tuners, 57/08 pickups, a phenolic finger board. This instrument would be impervious to heat and humidity and water. The guitar would be light weight and if you wanted they could mould chambers inside the body to "tune" the instrument.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;32164 said:
Do you guys recall all the discussions we used to have (on BaM) about trying to get a "Forum Guitar" build in limited quantities?

People's tastes are so varied it was hard to get many people to agree on a single model with the same specs. This thread is a perfect example of that.

I could imagine it would be akin to cat herding, and would probably end up like the "Swiss Army" guitar!

18300_501195733234663_1107104537_n.jpg

A 24 fret hollowbody ii! No piezo, but a coil tap, and series/parallel switch. Also a fuller/fatter neck carve, like the old wide-fat.

Here's one that I'd personally like to see, and I bet they'd sell a ton of em. How about a DC245 Modern Eagle?!?!?! Satin back, gloss top, SHORT SCALE IRW neck with classic PRS (not Santana) headstock, choice of mix-n-match pickups between 57/08, 59/09, and 53/10. Options could also include semi-hollow body, ebony fretboards, and Tune-o-Matic bridge. This is basically where I'm heading for my Private Stock...

I remember reading an interview with Paul where he said the satin finishes were a lot more labor-intensive than the "dipped in glass" finishes.

I recall there being two different satin processes, one for the ME and then a quicker/less involved one for the standard satin series, all done by one guy! My plan would require there to be at least a couple of troubled youth in need of rehabilitation, so maybe I should change my finish idea to each one having a unique graffiti finish.

Back