Which PRS has the chunkiest of the wide-fat necks?

I think the Santana neck carve is chunkier than WF. Might just be me though.

Anyone know about the Bernie? I've seen conflicting reports on whether the necks are slightly chunkier than the typical wide-fat neck.

Santana , 513 , Pattern Vintage are the chunky ones but they are all there own carve.
Some of the WF necks are just a bit beefier than others tho ( IMHO )

Never played a Bernie. But the Santana is the beefiest of the carves i have played. I have a few WF necks, and it is bigger than that. Why the guitar is not more popular is beyond me.

I'm not sure if it's the fattest, but I've got cores with WF and Pattern necks, and none of them come close to the fat neck on my SE One, or the huge neck I had on my sorely missed original SE Soapbar... I'd like to try a guitar with a Pattern Vintage, but haven't found one locally yet...

Like AP515 said the Bernies have the thickest neck carve, I have a interview where bernie states that PRS actually measured his Les Paul aka "The Beast" and carved the neck from those measurements. It's certainly chunkier than the 245 I owned at the same time. I also love the carve of the Santana SE and the WF of my 2004 Singlecut soapbar.

Back