Which PRS custom is this?

Kashmir

I am about to buy my first PRS, went to a local store where I knew I could try some of them.
After not too long I realized I LOVED one of the PRS SE custom 22 they had, but after arriving home trying to find some more info, it seems I can't find this version anywhere!
It has a stoptail instead of a trem, moon shaped dots instead of birds on the fretboard, and it doesn't seem to have the PRS Signature on it.
Is this just an older version? Or maybe just a completely customized guitar?

I am about to buy my first PRS, went to a local store where I knew I could try some of them.
After not too long I realized I LOVED one of the PRS SE custom 22 they had, but after arriving home trying to find some more info, it seems I can't find this version anywhere!
It has a stoptail instead of a trem, moon shaped dots instead of birds on the fretboard, and it doesn't seem to have the PRS Signature on it.
Is this just an older version? Or maybe just a completely customized guitar?

Certainly an older model - they say PRS on the truss rod cover rather than the full signature. The serial number on the back will have a letter and that letter indicates which year it was made.

7p8VDRu.png
1WBFvVw.png

Yep. That's an older version. The SE line didn't have Paul's signature on the headstock until 2018. If you have the serial number, the first letter will tell you the year it is from.

The SE info is toward the bottom of this page. Basically, if it starts with an "A" it's from 2000, "B" 2001, etc.

https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/support/article/year_identification

Thanks for all the replies, no need to say I am pretty lost when trying to identify the exact version.
Will keep an eye on it next time I stop by!

Back when I got my SE in 2007-8 range all they had was the 22 fret in grey black, cherry sunburst, and blue Matteo. With the option of stoptail or trem. My guess is this dates from that era. I got a grey black with a trem as my first electric guitar. It's still awesome but doesn't have as much of a figured top as this one. Looks great!

I had one exactly like that, but in Blue Matteo - SE Custom 22 stoptail. Loved everything about that guitar, and regret selling it. Never had the need to upgrade anything on it. If you can, buy it!

Thanks for all the replies, no need to say I am pretty lost when trying to identify the exact version.
Will keep an eye on it next time I stop by!

I don't think its anything unique or unusual. With the information provided, I would say its a Custom 22 with a Hard tail. At most, you may find that some parts, like the PU's may have been modded but its not a trem version that's been converted to a hard tail for example because the guitar would need to have been routed for the trem block.

The most telling information would be more the back of the guitar, see if the tuners have been changed for example. Based on the two photo's supplied, I would think its stock but I am saying that with the caveat that I don't have the full information. The headstock and TRC look period correct as the SE range didn't have the signature (like the US models) until 2018 (I think) so its certainly not a 'new' SE. The Serial number on the back will tell you which year it was made.

I can't see how we can help any more - short of seeing the back of the headstock and the back of the PU's, it looks like its a genuine and stock PRS SE Custom 22 with a hard tail...

Back