Which one stays?

Which one would you keep?

• Total voters

Jazzedout

More Guitars than Time...
Ok guys, I will probably sell one of those 2 and I think I know which one stays.
But: Realistically I would live happily with any of the 2...
So which one would you keep??

Specs are:

1992 Custom 24
Quilty 10 top
Regular neck
Abalone Birds on a Brazilian fretboard
HFS and vintage bass pickups
Everything all original as it came in 1992.

2005 Brazilian 513
Flame 10 top
513 neck carve
513 birds on a full Brazilian neck
513 electronics and pickups
Mods are: Rosewood backplates, mixed hardware and Modern Eagle I tuners. (Basically the same as the original ones but with unplated brass shafts.)

HgiigCL.jpg

4NdpC1T.jpg

1XNEsYT.jpg

7VqRDpY.jpg

3e4nj6u.jpg

Last edited:
Man, that’s a tough call. I love the top on the 24. It looks great. I picked the 513, though. Purely based on the ground that it can cover, plus, BRW neck!

Both are amazing, but I chose CU24. The scale on the 513 is uncomfortable for me, and, I only like the two different humbucker sounds. The single coil tones don't thrill me.

Well, you could EASILY pick up another Custom24. There are quite a few out there and they’re still in production.
Then factor in the BRW neck on the 513. Not too many of those out there for sale.
A quick check on Reverb for availability:
Custom24s - 2,280
513s - 56

Really a tossup as both look terrific. I voted the Braz 513, as everyone should have a full Braz neck in their collection!

That said, whenever I’ve been debating about selling guitar A or B, I typically end up moving on from both!

Easy ... didn't even have to think twice. Keep the 24. It's already a classic and an early one at that, is stock and a particularly beautiful color, and even has my favorite for that model, a 5-way rotary. :)

The 513 is an amazing guitar full of amazing sounds and a beauty as well but it'll never be the classic that the 24 is, and ten years from now it'll still be 'just' another great guitar while the 24 already is iconic.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it! ;)

Let's see...

Hog neck, maple cap, quilt 10 top.

Brazilian neck, non-10-top, 513 pickups.

May I ask, which guitar cost more when you purchased it? Which guitar stands to make more profit for you? What is your motivation for selling?

If you absolutely NEED the cash because you NEED a new guitar and can't afford one at this time, the answer is clear. No need for my opinion on which one to keep or sell.

Which feels best to you? Which brings the biggest smiles? Which do you caress and play the most?
As I said, I know which one gets played more, but could realistically be happy with either.

That's the true forum spirit!

Let's see...

Hog neck, maple cap, quilt 10 top.

Brazilian neck, non-10-top, 513 pickups.

May I ask, which guitar cost more when you purchased it? Which guitar stands to make more profit for you? What is your motivation for selling?

If you absolutely NEED the cash because you NEED a new guitar and can't afford one at this time, the answer is clear. No need for my opinion on which one to keep or sell.
Both are 10 tops. The 513 is more expensive.
I do not play nearly as much as I did. I am down to 4 guitars from a maximum of 12 at times...
I do not really need to sell but it makes sense to allocate funds elsewhere...

I love my 513 - Yours looks Killer I would keep that one.
But since I already have a 513 - I could use a CU24 with a regular neck :) Let me know !!!!!
Dibs
Guitars are in Greece and due to a Brazilian reasons they will be sold only in Europe... :(

Hmmm, well the Brazilian thing would be the only factor for me to keep the 513. I’ve only really played one 513 with a mahogany neck but the pickups just didn’t move the needle for me. I’d have to go with the CU24 because of that.

Back