which one guitar for a month...

veinbuster

Zombie Three, DFZ
If I don't take one with me, I'll end up buying one so what to live with is the question. It will be played into a Kemper loaded with Britt profiles. Lots and lots of Britt profiles.

SAS had good range.
CK_045PFirstPlaySwampAshAAACropped.JPG

Hollowbody is pretty versatile with the piezo...and a sexy white case
CK_117SapphireHollowbodyBody.JPG

But the archtop hasn't been getting much love lately and is pretty compact
CK_20PPlaysArchtop.JPG

And some of you know of other guitars in the house...I'm open to suggestions.

can’t believe you let steve jobs touch your archtop!
Steve Jobs wished he had Pete’s hair. :D

My recommendation is to commission a Vela semihollow PS, blinged to your standards. Keep the model’s neck carve and finish (pore-exposed mahogany highly recommended) hardware, and neck pickups. The option could be a 58/15 LT in the bridge. Or maybe a DGT. This is potentially a very light guitar, infinitely comfortable, and sonically flexible.

If you don’t have 19 months to wait, grab an off the shelf new SH in a cool color.

My recommendation is to commission a Vela semihollow PS, blinged to your standards. Keep the model’s neck carve and finish (pore-exposed mahogany highly recommended) hardware, and neck pickups. The option could be a 58/15 LT in the bridge. Or maybe a DGT. This is potentially a very light guitar, infinitely comfortable, and sonically flexible.

If you don’t have 19 months to wait, grab an off the shelf new SH in a cool color.

His hair is very nice...

If only we could put his hair with Sergio’s eye brows... we could build the most perfect Ken doll that the world has ever seen.

Just sayin.

The answer was hiding right in your question the whole time!

SE One

Enjoy your time.

Edit: More seriously, I’d pick the least versatile guitar and force myself to work on technique.

Last edited:

You know, this DGT Vela idea has stuck with me all afternoon.

Dayum Pete... I can't believe you'd let that one go!
It's a 25th anni isn't it?
Yes it is. I’ll swap cases with my 80s HB (sans piezo) so I can still look like a boss in the hotel lobby.
The 25th kind of got trumped by Blondie
CK_159BurlHollowbodyBodyAAA.JPG

Pete, I say take the Archtop. Only cuz I wanna hear you talk about it for a month. Im jonesing for one.
It’s extra work with the 12s. I might pack a smaller gauge just in case I wear out my fingers. You should probably try one for a few months.

You know, this DGT Vela idea has stuck with me all afternoon.

Yes it is. I’ll swap cases with my 80s HB (sans piezo) so I can still look like a boss in the hotel lobby.
The 25th kind of got trumped by Blondie
CK_159BurlHollowbodyBodyAAA.JPG

It’s extra work with the 12s. I might pack a smaller gauge just in case I wear out my fingers. You should probably try one for a few months.
Yeah... that's a winner... all month long!

Back