Which of these OD pedals do you like the best?

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Soul Food vs Archer vs Kalamazoo - Which will the Captain Pick?

I am going to have to go with the Love Pedal.
Over the years Lee's playing has improved quite a bit.
I remember when I first started watching their vids.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know which one someone else would pick, but I'd go with the Archer. Rocket pedals made the recent Klons. Obviously they have a handle on the correct design. They all sound pretty good, though.

I bought an Archer about 6 weeks ago and I love it. Great for the fat clean and edge modes on my Mark V, and to boost my AC-30. Just adds a nice bit of drive that I can still roll off with the volume knob as needed. Never tried the other two, but they sound good as well.

Tom

I like the softer fuzzy tone of the kalamazoo. But I like the nasal tone of the soul food, plus it has some bit.

The archer is a little too sharp or harsh for my taste.

:beer:
ref=as_li_ss_tl
:D

I like high end and lots of it, so Archer. It's more true to a real Klon, which is bright. I'm also known for running treble on 10 with the bright switch on a Blackface Fender, so I am biased.

Try a joyo JF-02 Ultimate Drive - it's a Fulltone OCD copy. Great sound. See YouTube reviews

Just bought the soul food this week great as a clean boost. Bought the archer in January of this year returned it after a few days, just didn't like it at all.

Archer for the win. Amazing build quality, great size,
Best clean boost this side of the Milky Way!

To me the Soul Food sounds better when the amp is just starting to break up vs clean. I don't love my Soul Food into a completely clean amp. Through my Vox AC4C1 it's amazing. I set the amp on the verge of breaking up so if I pick soft I get a nice chimey clean but if I dig in I get a nice overdrive from the amp. With the Soul Food in front it with the Vol at noon and Drive at 1 o'clock it pushes the amp enough to get a mix of the pedal and amps drive and sounds amazing. Especially with P90s.

I don't use pedals very often. But my favorite overdrives are my Zendrive 2 and my King of Tone. I do have a Soul Food that I picked up to see what all the Klon fuss is about. That's a pretty cool pedal for $60.

Back