Which new guitar? Suggestions?

Not a sickness, it’s a gift of insight! You can add a new flavor to the same guitar by using a different amp or even a different speaker cabinet. And buying an amp, even a boutique one, is often cheaper than adding a core or higher PRS guitar. Add that it adds that new flavor to every guitar you have. Definitely worth a look for anyone considering ways to add to their tone palette.

I always completely stop buying guitars between purchases.
Indeed, and I agree. I have used different amps and speakers with my Kemper (I'm really loving the Divided by 13), I guess I wanted a guitar that I loved as much as my others and always wanted a "higher end" one and the two I'm selling (592 HB 10 and 277) I didn't completely "click" with. The others I fall in love with every time I pick them up.

I have tried several PRS models. I play mostly light Jazz Standards. I have settled on the SC-J. Only 200 were sold in the USA in 2009. I have two of them. They are just great. The only other model I would consider is the JA-15.

I have tried several PRS models. I play mostly light Jazz Standards. I have settled on the SC-J. Only 200 were sold in the USA in 2009. I have two of them. They are just great. The only other model I would consider is the JA-15.
Interesting. I do remember the SC-J, it seems very similar to my 335, but more expensive. lol

Well, here its the newest addition:
Jt9e5gB.jpg
QNckIL9.jpg
v9yS2NN.jpg

Extremely diverse guitar. 21 usable sounds. 408 TCI pickups have the best single coil sounds of any other humbuckers. Humbucker sounds are great also, very articulate. A true Swiss Army knife of guitar.

MEV is my favorite PRS model, a close second is Paul’s guitar post 2018, must have 408 TCI pickups. Both have 25” scale
Well I did it and now I'm very happy...

Well I did it and now I'm very happy...
Beautiful guitar! I’m looking at getting one myself - would love to hear your thoughts on the different sounds you’re getting/how you’re liking it overall

Thank you. Extremely happy! I don't know if the Ash body and Ziracote neck affect the sound, but I have only begun to tap in to all the sounds that are possible. I still am figuring out all 21 possibilities (not including the tone knob and amp settings). I thought my Fiore had a lot of combinations! I wish this had a diagram like my other guitars. I may have to create one for myself. All I know, when I plug in and put the headphones on, apparently hours go by and I thought it was only a few minutes. And using my LDW 17/39 profile on my Kemper produces the sweetest sounds!

Thank you. Extremely happy! I don't know if the Ash body and Ziracote neck affect the sound, but I have only begun to tap in to all the sounds that are possible. I still am figuring out all 21 possibilities (not including the tone knob and amp settings). I thought my Fiore had a lot of combinations! I wish this had a diagram like my other guitars. I may have to create one for myself. All I know, when I plug in and put the headphones on, apparently hours go by and I thought it was only a few minutes. And using my LDW 17/39 profile on my Kemper produces the sweetest sounds!
Awesome! Enjoy it and play it lots I’d love a poster of the switching diagrams for each, that’d be a cool idea. My memory isn’t what it used to be so it’s nice having a reference with all the options available haha.

Awesome! Enjoy it and play it lots I’d love a poster of the switching diagrams for each, that’d be a cool idea. My memory isn’t what it used to be so it’s nice having a reference with all the options available haha.
I agree. haha. I actually copied/pasted the diagrams from the PRS website for my guitars to Notes on my phone/mac/iPad.

Let me tell you! I was playing my SE Zach Myers since I had a new nut and locking tuners put on it and was really enjoying it, and switching to my MEV and could not stop playing the MEV. It still astounds me when I hear that "SE's are as good as core". Yes SE's are good! But they don't touch a core, in sound or feel...my opinion obviously.

Let me tell you! I was playing my SE Zach Myers since I had a new nut and locking tuners put on it and was really enjoying it, and switching to my MEV and could not stop playing the MEV. It still astounds me when I hear that "SE's are as good as core". Yes SE's are good! But they don't touch a core, in sound or feel...my opinion obviously.
SE are great guitars but core they are not. I took my 30th SE Cu24 Floyd as far as it could go in mods chasing core, and it's a GREAT guitar, but core it is not. That said, I wouldn't trade it for a DW CE. I keep trying to convince myself I want to, but I play a DW, go home play my 30th, and everytime decide to keep my 30th. Everytime

Back