Which Mira?

• Road worn core

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Semi hollow S2 in a bangin’ color

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
Ok I’m thinking of finally pulling the trigger on a Mira. Both are similar prices.

Core Mira, road worn. Lots of little nicks and dings. I kinda like Mira’s that have play wear so none of that bothers me. It’s been ages since I’ve played one, I remember liking it a lot. On the other hand, I’m a 22 fret guy. Slightly worried how I’ll like the neck pickup given it’s moved a little closer to the bridge.

S2 semi hollow-
I’ve wanted a semi hollow for awhile. It’s in a color that I absolutely love and is rare. I’ve never seen one exactly like it for this model or PRS in general. This guitar is in very good condition.

For reference, I do have a couple McCarty standards that are solid mahogany. Both guitars offer something I don’t have. A thinner body, the S2- semi hollow, the core- 24 fret. I like the idea of both, but can’t get both. What say you? What do you like about each of them? What would you do?

I wish I still had my old Korina Mira, it was such a great guitar.

yt1rFoN.jpg

I also had a nice Mira X (highly recommended)
Krne5gO.jpg

I also had a nice (slightly worn) Core Mira in the Traditional Cherry
UQx1Z5c.jpg

Not on your choice list, but that maple topped core Mira that Paul used to demo all those CAD amps would be what I’ll be searching for, we’re I in the market. That thing just roared through every amp.

Also, totally shows why I bought an HXDA… twice!

Last edited:
Ok I’m thinking of finally pulling the trigger on a Mira. Both are similar prices.

Core Mira, road worn. Lots of little nicks and dings. I kinda like Mira’s that have play wear so none of that bothers me. It’s been ages since I’ve played one, I remember liking it a lot. On the other hand, I’m a 22 fret guy. Slightly worried how I’ll like the neck pickup given it’s moved a little closer to the bridge.

S2 semi hollow-
I’ve wanted a semi hollow for awhile. It’s in a color that I absolutely love and is rare. I’ve never seen one exactly like it for this model or PRS in general. This guitar is in very good condition.

For reference, I do have a couple McCarty standards that are solid mahogany. Both guitars offer something I don’t have. A thinner body, the S2- semi hollow, the core- 24 fret. I like the idea of both, but can’t get both. What say you? What do you like about each of them? What would you do?
I bought a 2007 core Mira several years ago and would recommend going the core route. I ended up putting a PRS adjustable bridge because the original would cause a 'sitar' sound on the B and G strings, I suspect because previous owners had 11's on it and the bridge had canted forward a hair.

Last edited:
I figured the core would win the majority vote. Still interested in thoughts on both. When I played the core when it came out, I had my McCarty standard there and remember thinking I couldn’t justify both as they were sort of in the same ballpark. That was a long time ago, maybe I’d feel different now. I’m certainly more discerning now than in 2008 or whenever that was.

I figured the core would win the majority vote. Still interested in thoughts on both. When I played the core when it came out, I had my McCarty standard there and remember thinking I couldn’t justify both as they were sort of in the same ballpark. That was a long time ago, maybe I’d feel different now. I’m certainly more discerning now than in 2008 or whenever that was.
And both have pickguards only a mother could love.

I also had a nice (slightly worn) Core Mira in the Traditional Cherry
UQx1Z5c.jpg

I‘m positive that I owned that guitar. The knicks on the top are identical. I got it in the summer or fall of 2021 from Guitar Center. Traded it last November for a CE 24. Oddly enough, it showed up on our local FB marketplace this summer. I’d traded it to a fellow down south, in Alabama I think. The guy with it on FB ended up selling it to a Music Go Round.

When I had it, it still had the Mira PUs in it.

I‘m positive that I owned that guitar. The knicks on the top are identical. I got it in the summer or fall of 2021 from Guitar Center. Traded it last November for a CE 24. Oddly enough, it showed up on our local FB marketplace this summer. I’d traded it to a fellow down south, in Alabama I think. The guy with it on FB ended up selling it to a Music Go Round.

When I had it, it still had the Mira PUs in it.

I swapped the Mira’s back into it before I traded it to Dave’s. I still have the 57/08’s that were in the photo.

I swapped the Mira’s back into it before I traded it to Dave’s. I still have the 57/08’s that were in the photo.

That thing has gotten around a bit, then. Dave’s is about an hour and a half away from here, which would explain how it got back to Minnesota. It was a nice enough guitar, but I couldn’t hear a difference between it and my maple-top Mira. I was pretty happy with how it all worked out for me. With the trade and what I sold the CE24 for, I bought an NF3 for about $300, all together.

That thing has gotten around a bit, then. Dave’s is about an hour and a half away from here, which would explain how it got back to Minnesota. It was a nice enough guitar, but I couldn’t hear a difference between it and my maple-top Mira. I was pretty happy with how it all worked out for me. With the trade and what I sold the CE24 for, I bought an NF3 for about $300, all together.

Nice! I love the NF3, I have a 25th Anni Mira on its way to me. Pretty excited to get it. I think that means I’ve had all core models, except the maple topped one.

Back