Which Floyd Rose specs for a CE?

Johnny Rigs

"Hold on to your butts" - Samuel L Jackson
I want to price out getting a Floyd added to an older CE. I’d like go Floyd Pro for the shorter visible top route - don’t like seeing the route cavity on the OFR. But 1) I’m not 100% sure on the narrower spacing being ok (.400” on the Pro vs .420” on the OFR) and 2) which nut model # goes with the CE neck.

Fortunately, there’s this chart:
qt5dq0qumek6omp52b68.jpg

I believe both the wide/thin and wide/fat necks on the CEs have a 1-11/16” (1.6875) nut width and a 10” radius. So that narrows it down to #4, 8, and 9. After that, I’m not sure. Any help appreciated.

I think I would go with 8 which looks shallower, so whoever makes the nut shelf for this would not remove so much wood in order to bring it to the correct height.
That said, in my experience with Original Floyds, Shallers Gotohs etc, the nicest, lowest profile, more stable Floyd out there is the Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge.
It also has locking anchor posts which IMHO, make all the difference.
Also it looks the best from all the Floyds out there.
I remember even some custom shop Jacksons used them at one point....

I think I would go with 8 which looks shallower, so whoever makes the nut shelf for this would not remove so much wood in order to bring it to the correct height.
That said, in my experience with Original Floyds, Shallers Gotohs etc, the nicest, lowest profile, more stable Floyd out there is the Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge.
It also has locking anchor posts which IMHO, make all the difference.
Also it looks the best from all the Floyds out there.
I remember even some custom shop Jacksons used them at one point....
Hmm, that Lo-Pro Edge seems have all of the best design features of the Floyd Rose Pro.

AFAIK the PTC only use the original floyds. I've been considering doing this too.

Oh, so they wouldn’t install a FR Pro if I provided it?
That IDK. I asked for a quote for Floyd rose install a few months back, and the quote specified original Floyd rose. I'm sure they'll tell you for sure if you email them.

Back