Which CE 24

It's HERE! See, I knew hitting the refresh button on the FedEx app every 30 minutes would make it get here faster. They said it was supposed to be delivered between 11 and 3. Usually they are here at 3:28. But not today! They got here at 9:35am!

I'm really torn. The outside temp overnight was 66 degrees. The temp in my house is 76. How long should I wait before opening the box?
would be close enough for me.
Or you could either open the windows or open it in the garage.
I never wait. But I also don’t have winter.

:D;)

Yes. I ripped that box right open the millisecond the box hit the inside of the house.

A bit of a scare at first. Seem the box landed in some water during the journey.

I took a bunch of photos to show the box had not been opened just in case, and held my breath....

Wildwood packed the case with plenty of bubble wrap, so no water got near the case or the guitar.

Whew!

Wow, this is a work of art! And it feels and plays better than I was expecting. Better than the Cores I've been demo'ing. (Maybe it's psychological since this one is MINE! :cool:

The grain patterns are beautiful. I have done a lot of mahogany and maple woodwork in the past as a hobby. These are all the patterns in wood blanks that I would have chosen if I'd been the builder. (Never built a guitar, just staircases, benches, cabinets, etc.)

The rolls in the maple look like the southern part of the Appalachian mountains in Southern Tennessee that I fly over in small airplanes. Amazing.

I'm a very happy camper!! I think I now own the two best guitars that PRS offers.

Funny thing is, I'm predominantly a bass player. (Dingwall, MTD, Ibanez) Maybe I'll change to be a "stringed instrument player".

And "DB", whoever you are at PRS. Thanks for the build!

Cheers!

That is beautiful, congrats! I have an Egyptian Gold top CE 24 Standard (all hog) w/ 57/08's due to arrive on Sunday, can't wait.

Wildwood packed the case with plenty of bubble wrap, so no water got near the case or the guitar.
Congrats!!

The guys at Wildwood are great-- always the first place I check when in the market for a new guitar/bass.

LOVE that finish!

Comparing to the cores I've played, I agree-- my CE plays better than my DGT... I think it has to do with the type of the body carve, height of the bridge, and satin neck that gives the CE an edge. Love both, but the CE is something special ;)

Enjoy!!

Back