Which Amp Do I Need Next?

• HXDA

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • DG

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Neither, you already have it covered

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
All in all this is such a great amp with so many possibilities. if you don't like what you hear then just twist a knob and you will find something else.

\m/ \m/

Great synopsis! My experience has been very similar..."what's this knob do?" I've found that if I remind myself that this amp is based of of that "classic" sound and stop wondering why it doesn't sound as dirty as my Archon... this amp is such a glorious tone machine!!
(So far, I mostly play it set at HX/HX/DA)

I generally set mine DA, DA, HX or DA, HX, HX.

We’re all into different things, of course, but I think some settings have to do with how an amp responds to our touch.

I generally set mine DA, DA, HX or DA, HX, HX.

We’re all into different things, of course, but I think some settings have to do with how an amp responds to our touch.
I fark with the settings every time I mess around looking for a "new" sound, and so far I have not settled in on a particular pattern. I notice some guitars seem to work better with HX vs DA or vice versa for the three areas, and yet sometimes I try to avoid tweaking the settings to "get the sound just like that last guitar" so I can find something different, yet still good.

I fark with the settings every time I mess around looking for a "new" sound, and so far I have not settled in on a particular pattern. I notice some guitars seem to work better with HX vs DA or vice versa for the three areas, and yet sometimes I try to avoid tweaking the settings to "get the sound just like that last guitar" so I can find something different, yet still good.

I should have mentioned that there are times I want a bit brighter, gainier, sound and I’ll go HX, DA, HX, or just all HX.

It’s hard being as wishy-washy on settings as I sometimes am. But it’s sure nice to have switches and controls that can be messed with!

i have latched onto DA with the gain at 3:00. it seems to get me into very comfortable territory regardless of of the other settings. occasionally i find a less gainey combination but i neglect to write it down. dang it!

i have latched onto DA with the gain at 3:00. it seems to get me into very comfortable territory regardless of of the other settings. occasionally i find a less gainey combination but i neglect to write it down. dang it!

Lately, I’ve been setting the master around all the way up, and the gain very low, old-school.

The amp has amazing clean tones set this way. I know, it’s weird that I do that. But that’s me.

Set up that way, it’s almost...dare I say...’Wind Cries Mary.’ Only I’m a PRS player, not a Strat player. ;)

Back