Which 2 Axes Would You Bring...?

I don’t mind remonstrating to Paul but I’m worried he might whack me on the head with those hardwood neck blanks from across his room. :D

well....he clearly doesn't have a problem throwing large, heavy objects at employees.....

I played everything again this morning and my choice remains...Mr. Clean (DGT Std) and the RL Vela. I still walk away shaking my head in disbelief. Damn! The Vela needs a flip in pickup (I’m experimenting) to the next option, but it still sounds great as is/was.

I played everything again this morning and my choice remains...Mr. Clean (DGT Std) and the RL Vela. I still walk away shaking my head in disbelief. Damn! The Vela needs a flip in pickup (I’m experimenting) to the next option, but it still sounds great as is/was.
What's going in the Vela and why?

I’m going to be interested in what happens with the Vela.

It’s Vela Renaissance Season! Possibly, I’ve found another guitar soul bro in the RL Vela. Not possibly, I have. There, I admitted it. So I’m searching for the mellow and scorching sound I have in my head for this guitar. The Starla pup is SO tastey! Seriously! My pursuit is for something that blends the PAF warmth I get out of my 335 or SE245 w/ Antiquities with the articulation and pure power reserve of the DGT or my ‘79 LP Deluxe. There’s a Dimarzio Andy Timmons in the bridge right now and it’s wonderful. Responsive to the controls, punchy, bright, but almost too much so. Yes, I’ve dialed it back with the tone control but it doesn’t have the depth I desire. Being semihollow, it should excel in this department. Would I consider a DGT bridge pickup? Yes. What’s next? Stay tuned!

The Weller solder station is coming up to temp now...

I was a page and a half in and still thinking, "not one person yet has asked what kind of gig this is." Seems to me, especially as many guitars as some of you have, that what kind of gig it is would be a big part of deciding. I know it would for me.
I suppose so, but I could use my main guitar for any type/style gig(I'd maybe have to change tuning on it). Wouldn't matter where.
40151862772_632f4c9557_b.jpg

This one gets grabbed if disaster strikes
9362360082_8961cc4ba3_b.jpg

I suppose so, but I could use my main guitar for any type/style gig(I'd maybe have to change tuning on it). Wouldn't matter where.

Outstanding my dear Sir!

What, no trem?!?

Maybe tremolo fingers!;)

Did the first one start out blue and is that the effect of Sergio’s glare?!:D

Maybe tremolo fingers!;)

Did the first one start out blue and is that the effect of Sergio’s glare?!:D
There's still some blue in it, but has faded some. Depends on the lighting. He's not that far away so his glare certainly could've had an effect. I wonder if there's a clause in the PRS warranty regarding distance from Sergio?

There's still some blue in it, but has faded some. Depends on the lighting. He's not that far away so his glare certainly could've had an effect. I wonder if there's a clause in the PRS warranty regarding distance from Sergio?

A lot of people don’t know this but, Vaughn’s guiatr was actually part of the R&D in the development of Sergio Blue.

Back