Where's the best place to sell a used PRS (other than Reverb/eBay)?

Golem

I guess the question is two pronged.

I don't see a Classifieds section here. But I also didn't see anything in the rules prohibiting selling here. So I guess I'm wonder if there's anywhere on this forum one can post.

But also, where do you suggest outside this forum?

I guess the question is two pronged.

I don't see a Classifieds section here. But I also didn't see anything in the rules prohibiting selling here. So I guess I'm wonder if there's anywhere on this forum one can post.

But also, where do you suggest outside this forum?
Besides Reverb and EBay you’re pretty much down to Craigslist or any other local outlet you might have in your community. There are other forums with “For Sale” sections, and I’ve had some luck buying and selling that way on occasion. There are dealers who will buy your guitar, but realize they have to resell at a profit so the price they offer won’t be top dollar but it is an option.

I’ve had good experiences with Chicago Music Exchange. You’ll probably get a little less than you could with the right private party sale, but to me it was worth it to not deal with the risk of grifter buyers on high dollar heavy items.

20 years on the bay. The only bad experience was a buyer who tried to put nylon strings on a Godin Jazz Multiac. He saw the slotted headstock and assumed it could take nylon strings. I got a negative feedback. When I wrote to ask him if he tried to put nylon strings on it, he answered by saying the guitar was sheist, which it was not. You can’t fix stupid, and I made money.

I’ve had good experiences with Chicago Music Exchange. You’ll probably get a little less than you could with the right private party sale, but to me it was worth it to not deal with the risk of grifter buyers on high dollar heavy items.
I can +1 this. They'll quote you up front, tell you exactly what they'll turn around and sell it for. When they get your guitar (if you're shipping to them), they will inspect and then give you exactly what they quoted up front. I've sold a bunch of stuff to them. They're going rate is 70% of what they will sell it for.

I've used FB marketplace to great effect. The nice thing is there's a profile associated with whoever is interested in your stuff, so you can get an idea with whom you're actually dealing. Maybe I've just been lucky, but that seems to cut way down on the crazies, low ballers and tire kickers that seem to haunt Craigslist.

Back