Where to place 9v battery in a PRS S2 Standard 22?

littlebadboy

Hello all!

I am looking dropping in an active Fishman Fluence Modern Humbuckers set into my PRS S2 Standard 22. Problem is... where can I place the 9v battery? Any suggestions? Or, will it need routing?

Thank you!

I would imagine having a separate battery compartment would be best. It’d get pretty old having to remove all those screws just to swap a 9volt.

I’m glad my active pickup phase is long gone.
Amen! Anyone wanna buy some EMGs?

Don't they have some kind of universal battery compartment cover attachment thing you can use as a rechargeable battery?

I would imagine having a separate battery compartment would be best. It’d get pretty old having to remove all those screws just to swap a 9volt.

Hmm... Fine, I'll steer away and forget about going actives.

Don't they have some kind of universal battery compartment cover attachment thing you can use as a rechargeable battery?

Fishman has a thin rechargable battery via usb, but very expensive at $99.

I was finding a way to avoid routing.

I think I'll just go back to what I am familiar... Seymour Duncan SH-14 bridge and probably a Jazz neck.

I was looking at DiMarzios because I never tried them yet, but I am surprised that there is not much reference demo videos.

If there’s space in the control cavity, a replacement pickguard with the drop in battery compartment that Dave suggested, fixed into it.

Same here. My old charvel model 4 was my last active guitar. It was cool back then but ................oooops my torero was my last but I swapped all the active stuff out.

I just couldn't bond with it like I thought I would so I sold it. Lost my butt on that one.

I know I'm late to the party but I think the battery pack @Black Plaid mentioned was something that goes inside the control cavity (please correct me if I'm wrong). The external battery pack they have replaces the trem cover so no real need to gouge out the body. It's meant for strats (and they have one for LPs) but could see some capabilities with any trem'd PRS. Just not sure if the dims are applicable and pretty sure the screw holes won't match but the concept is there. Still, better than a router and runs about $80. I like the USB recharge option.
whiterechargeablestratbattery_large.jpg

I assume you could use it for all active/9V pickup systems.

I know I'm late to the party but I think the battery pack @Black Plaid mentioned was something that goes inside the control cavity (please correct me if I'm wrong). The external battery pack they have replaces the trem cover so no real need to gouge out the body. It's meant for strats (and they have one for LPs) but could see some capabilities with any trem'd PRS. Just not sure if the dims are applicable and pretty sure the screw holes won't match but the concept is there. Still, better than a router and runs about $80. I like the USB recharge option.
whiterechargeablestratbattery_large.jpg

I assume you could use it for all active/9V pickup systems.

That is nice! But, I'm don't like the idea of buying a battery pack that costs like a nice passive pickup.

Back