Where to get Phase I tuners.

SASouth

Hey folks,

I'm picking up a '95 CE on Sunday that has had its tuners replaced with Sperzels and I'd like to return the guitar to stock. Anybody know where I can buy some Phase I winged tuners with the shared D and G screw?

If I can't get those, will a set a Phase II tuners work in a pinch?

I have a set but they are not the earlier shared D and G. They are the later, separated ones.

Here's just a quick update for anyone interested. I talked with John Mann this morning and he told me there are two options that will work for an older PRS with a shared D and G screw.

The first is the set that @shimmilou posted a link to: https://store.guitarvaultusa.com/MannMade_USA_PRS_Schaller_Phase_I_Locking_Tuner_p/7020.htm

The other is a set which doesn't have the wings but are a quite a bit less expensive is this one: https://store.guitarvaultusa.com/MannMade_USA_Schaller_M6_Locking_Tuner_Set_p/7060.htm

I'm still going back and forth about which set to buy. I'll decide once I have the guitar in hand.

Thanks for all of the responses!

If you’re patient, a set will eventually pop up for $100 or so.

I've never been known for having much patience :). Plus, I've never seen them for sale around my neck of the woods.

I've seen a few of them online and they're all priced at $225 or more and none have the shard D and G screw. I may go with the less expensive option at John Mann's

I've never been known for having much patience :). Plus, I've never seen them for sale around my neck of the woods.

I've seen a few of them online and they're all priced at $225 or more and none have the shard D and G screw. I may go with the less expensive option at John Mann's

Yeah, you’d have to look online. Phase I tuners are one of my “things”, I must have... uh.. like 8 or 10 guitars with them, and mostly they’ve been retrofitted with them (ie: didn’t come with them).

Patience is definitely a life-long lesson, so I understand where you’re coming from.

Back