Where to get old cream pick-up covers?

Bisayako

hi all,
I'm looking for a set of flat cream pickup covers, PRS apparently only sells Black and Ivory, or am I missing something? I would like the US versions cause they have smoother edges and just looks sexy all-around.

Thanks in advance!

You mean the pickup mounting rings? They stopped doing cream when they changed over to the sexy newer style. If you want cream, you're stuck with the generic type.

Yes i meant the rings! Although i agree the ivory color is pretty slick i personally prefer the cream ones for my ZM sunburst! I have a Dragon 1 set incoming and planning to try it out on the ZM :)

Make 2 cups of strong coffee 1 to drink and 1 for the rings. Fill a cup up to about 1/2 inch below the rim. Put the pickups covers in the coffee (without the pickups or anything metal). Drink the cup without the rings. Wait about 10 more minutes, and then rinse and dry the rings. Instant Cream color! I did it to a pair of P-90 pickup covers years ago. The color never changed.

Make 2 cups of strong coffee 1 to drink and 1 for the rings. Fill a cup up to about 1/2 inch below the rim. Put the pickups covers in the coffee (without the pickups or anything metal). Drink the cup without the rings. Wait about 10 more minutes, and then rinse and dry the rings. Instant Cream color! I did it to a pair of P-90 pickup covers years ago. The color never changed.

LOL! I might just try that. Maybe I will throw in a set of Ivoroid Tuner Knobs and a Switch Tip and go for a matching set!

;)

One more thing. Make sure the coffee is completely cool before dunking. And da stronga da betta!

Thanks! I might try it! Gotta say i love the cream pickup rings as it matches well with the natural maple binding, the ivory rings on my goldtop DGT is quite too contrasty to the overall image of the guitar.

So what ended up happening is i have the Dragon 1 pickups in my 12y0 CU22 and it transformed that thing into a beast of an instrument! The ZM got the Dragon 2's and it took that guitar to the next level! I'm all good!
Cheers everyone, happy weekend!

IMG_0702.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! I might try it! Gotta say i love the cream pickup rings as it matches well with the natural maple binding, the ivory rings on my goldtop DGT is quite too contrasty to the overall image of the guitar.

So what ended up happening is i have the Dragon 1 pickups in my 12y0 CU22 and it transformed that thing into a beast of an instrument! The ZM got the Dragon 2's and it took that guitar to the next level! I'm all good!
Cheers everyone, happy weekend!

IMG_0702.jpg

Nice!

Back