Where to buy a replacement cream pickup switch tip for my S2 594?

Johnhe

Ive just received my S2 594. Lovely guitar overall. The pickup rings are cream/ivory (they look great) but bizarrely the pickup switch tip is black. What gives with that?

none of the tips on any of my other Gibson or PRS guitars fit the S2 guitar. I even bought some metric switch tips on Amazon. But they don’t fit either. It’s starting to drive me mad.

anyone know where I can easily source a cream/ivory/white switch tip (preferably in the UK).

thanks.

Switch tip matches the knobs though. So you'll need to change those as well.

I like the black / cream contrast personally.

Yep any metric toggle tip will do the job.
I’ve found that this is not the case. I bought some metric tips and they were much too big. So metric tips must come in more than one size. I’m not sure, but I think they are 4.5mm (wrong size) or 3.5mm (hopefully the right size).

I’ve found that this is not the case. I bought some metric tips and they were much too big. So metric tips must come in more than one size. I’m not sure, but I think they are 4.5mm (wrong size) or 3.5mm (hopefully the right size).

Interesting. I hadn't run into that before. Now I see there is M4 (must be what you already got) and M3.5. Sorry I'm not much use for finding one over your way, but like Marc said, StewMac, and I also see the 3.5 on Philadelphia Luthier.

https://www.johnmannsguitarvault.com/shop/c/p/PRS-3-Way-Toggle-Switch-Cap-Cream-Metric-x46981750.htm

Matches great and fits metric perfectly.

And for those that want to change the toggle if it shorts out any: DO NOT use the 594 long toggle version on a S2 594 single cut. Despite what the PRS website states about fitting USA single cuts, the tread is too short. Use a switch craft short toggle which has longer threads. Trust me. I found out the hard way.:mad: I did not feel like dremeling out the internal aspect of the top so I had to order a new tip (again)

Last edited:
I got sorted thanks. I just needed to specify the right metric size (3.5mm).

Back