Where is the wood that PRS use come from ?

I’m guessing not checking on the Forum until after 8:30 had a lot more to do with this than restraint.

No, I actually saw it much earlier. I actually said, "Trees, duh" as soon as I saw the subject line and talked myself out of posting. It's sad how good my brain is at sarcastic comments - a lot of times, I'll say something about 10 seconds after an opportunity arises, and my wife will say, "That took a while - you must be slipping." I have to tell her, no, the sarcastic comment was like a reflex, it was the internal dialogue that delayed things.

And what did this teach you?

Not to consider the consequences of my actions and to just immediately make the funny* comment with no further thought.

* - Funny to me, nobody cares what the rest of you think.

No, I actually saw it much earlier. I actually said, "Trees, duh" as soon as I saw the subject line and talked myself out of posting. It's sad how good my brain is at sarcastic comments - a lot of times, I'll say something about 10 seconds after an opportunity arises, and my wife will say, "That took a while - you must be slipping." I have to tell her, no, the sarcastic comment was like a reflex, it was the internal dialogue that delayed things.

Not to consider the consequences of my actions and to just immediately make the funny* comment with no further thought.

* - Funny to me, nobody cares what the rest of you think.

Now THAT's the Alan we all know and love...

If you want to get technical, a biological organism uses energy from excited photons to power a process called photosynthesis to convert carbon-dioxide, dihydrogen-monoxide and other trace elements to a cellulose foam.

image.png

That is certainly the expectation.

I expect it's *really* hard to provide provenance, so exports of BRW are even rarer than the actual wood.

According to PRS himself, there is lots of new growth Brazilian Rosewood trees, and he expects the ban to be eventually lifted. I wonder how the fires will effect this.

If you want to get technical, a biological organism uses energy from excited photons to power a process called photosynthesis to convert carbon-dioxide, dihydrogen-monoxide and other trace elements to a cellulose foam.
Huh? foam?
Yeah, photosynthesis uses light (excited photons) as the energy source to drive the conversion of carbon dioxide and water into carbohydrates. What foam?

Huh? foam?
Yeah, photosynthesis uses light (excited photons) as the energy source to drive the conversion of carbon dioxide and water into carbohydrates. What foam?
I suspect it's a typo, and "form" is the word.
Well, one could argue that wood is relatively "airy" compared to much more solid substances, and maybe it is a "foam" - cellular structures represent the the "bubbles".

Huh? foam?

It's densely packed, but may be referred to as a 'foam' based on its cellular structure.

Either that or I've just been watching too much AvE.

Back