Where Does Your Forum Name Come From?

While my name is Jacopo, "J" isn't actually a letter of the Italian alphabet so it's a bit unusual and many friends like to call me just "J". One-letter nicknames are not permitted, so jay

I was tall and really skinny growing up. My buddy's older brother one day quipped "dude, you're like a f-ing Cambodian. Put on some weight." It got shortened to bodia, and stuck. I graduated from high school at 6'3" and 135 lbs. That was 30 years and 120 lbs ago, but the name still lingers.

it's the name of my solo project, real name Kenn Gibson, didn't think Gibson would work so well on a PRS forum :)

That's kind of funny but also true.

Mine is from my first puppy dog, added the 007 since Spikedog is taken in many forums.

Here is Spike....

spike3_zpswpndquo0.jpg

Last edited:
Part of my name I often use to make it easier for people to pronounce/remember.

I guess I am just going to have to get more creative (but at my age, I am worried that I would forget whatever creative name that come up with). Mine are just the initials to my name.

Carl

I was abandoned by my birth parents and adopted by gypsies. At the tender age of 3 they traded me to a small circus. Once I out grew the monkey costume I was given to earn my keep, I was left to an orphanage. I made the mistake of asking for more gruel and was subsequently shown the door. Life on the streets was tough, scrounging for scraps of food. Then I met Lil' Mikie, and he told me the secret... Just Rob! It became my way of life, my mantra, my Forum name.

Plus "Rob" was already taken, and I really wanted to be just "Rob". Instead, I'm "JustRob". :D

*Apologies to any offended gypsies, circus folk, orphans or street urchins.

I was abandoned by my birth parents and adopted by gypsies. At the tender age of 3 they traded me to a small circus. Once I out grew the monkey costume I was given to earn my keep, I was left to an orphanage. I made the mistake of asking for more gruel and was subsequently shown the door. Life on the streets was tough, scrounging for scraps of food. Then I met Lil' Mikie, and he told me the secret... Just Rob! It became my way of life, my mantra, my Forum name.

Plus "Rob" was already taken, and I really wanted to be just "Rob". Instead, I'm "JustRob". :D

Well that explains a lot! :tongue:

Who are you trying to kid?

You never outgrew the monkey costume! :rofl:

I was going to ask why you didn't apologize to little people. Then I remembered.

I smoke cigars, and in my younger years smoked a lot of cheap, bad ones (A.K.A. dogrockets). My first name is Paul. Anywhere online you see dogrocketp, it'll be me. It's the only name I use.

Apology accepted. :p

Back