Where Does the Looper Go?

matonanjin

It's time I try and use a looper. I have heard different thoughts on where it should go. Some say beginning of signal chain. Others have said the end of the signal chain.

Where is yours?

It depends on what you are doing with the looper. If you are using it to test out settings on pedals you would want it to be first so it captures what you are playing and plays it over and over while you adjust the pedals or effects. If you are using it to create a loop to play over, put it last for the reason mentioned above, to capture the sound with any drives and effects you want on the sound.

Damn! Not only do I have to determine position I have to name it?!?!?! I can't use Layla. That would be a good name, Don't you agree? Layla the Looper. But my car is named Layla. Damn,I have to think:mad:
Tell you what, I'll let you take Cyndi, i will name mine after my wife. She repeats herself a lot too.;)

They typically go in the FX loop at the end of the chain so you can record a loop with certain FX, then use different FX to play over it. You can loop a clean rhythm then play a distorted lead over it.
I use mine as the first pedal in the front of the amp chain, but I'm using it to dial in pedals. It's looping a completely dry signal while I try different FX and get them and the amps and EQ dialed in.

Back