Where did this headstock come from???

Would you rock it?

• Yes

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters
I wouldn’t choose that headstock, but that wouldn’t stop me from having my way with one of those guitars. I’m pretty sure it would speak my language and feel like a bit of heaven.

I was impressed when the feature video mentioned that you can hear the wood. That’s what an electric guitar should be in my book, rather than being some clean slate platform. That’s the whole meaning isn’t it, otherwise we may as well use a ProTools or an App. So yeah, I would rock it.

I was impressed when the feature video mentioned that you can hear the wood. That’s what an electric guitar should be in my book, rather than being some clean slate platform. That’s the whole meaning isn’t it, otherwise we may as well use a ProTools or an App. So yeah, I would rock it.

Oddly enough, though, I ‘hear the wood’ in all my PRSes, and they’re recent models. Honestly, I don’t believe for one second that the old design is somehow more ‘woody’ sounding, though it may certainly sound different from the new ones. Different is not a bad thing, of course.

It’s hugely important to me to ‘hear the wood’ in a guitar, but no doubt there are lots of ways to skin that cat.

Of course, it’d be interesting from the perspective of “this is where it all started.” I’m sure it’s cool!

If I’m lucky enough to get another Private Stock, however, I’ve got something simple, but interesting, planned out.

Last edited:
Back