Where are you?

Interesting to see all the comments about CT - I'd've called Derby the armpit...I used to live in Trumbull, Shelton, and Milford. Bridgeport's too much of a hole to be the armpit IMO. I grew up in Ohio, just north of Cincinnati.

Currently in Northern Kentucky, about 15 miles south of Cincinnati.

Interesting to see all the comments about CT - I'd've called Derby the armpit...I used to live in Trumbull, Shelton, and Milford. Bridgeport's too much of a hole to be the armpit IMO. I grew up in Ohio, just north of Cincinnati.

TBH,

I've not visited Derby, Trumbull, or Shelton, but have driven through outskirts of Bridgeport between New Haven and locations east of Danbury. IIRC, I think I was trying to find my way from Sam Ash just west of New Haven to Eastcoast Music Mall just east of Danbury. All this before cell phone GPS. I think I relied on printed Google map directions. New Milford, perhaps, back in 1995, off of Rte 8. Not Milford proper.

You located in mountainous regions? I hear the scenery is quite breathtaking...

Small world! I grew up in/around Cedar Rapids. Still have family there and in Des Moines. Made it back a couple years ago for the first time in 20+ years. There's something to be said for that slower pace of life.
Saw many, many shows at the Five Seasons back in the 80s. I rarely make it back there.

TBH,

I've not visited Derby, Trumbull, or Shelton, but have driven through outskirts of Bridgeport between New Haven and locations east of Danbury. IIRC, I think I was trying to find my way from Sam Ash just west of New Haven to Eastcoast Music Mall just east of Danbury. All this before cell phone GPS. I think I relied on printed Google map directions. New Milford, perhaps, back in 1995, off of Rte 8. Not Milford proper.

You located in mountainous regions? I hear the scenery is quite breathtaking...

No mountains here, Northern KY is much like Ohio.

Wiscasset is beautiful. My dad is buried in Farmington, and my mother’s name is already carved on the tombstone. I try to go up every year in the fall. When you learn how to dress and what to do outside in the winter for fun, Maine is great. Don’t forget to join the Maine Blues Society, and do go to the festivals in Rockland, which is the artists town.

Usually about a million light years from my physical location :)

Yeah, I can attest. College (or study approximately thereof) always seemed to have that out-of-brain/body experience for students, no matter where we studied.

Let us know once you've had lunch so you can join us earthlings safely again.

My Dad graduated from Derby HS a long time ago. Wakelee Avenue is named for his ancestors. I always thought Naugatuck was the armpit as the smell was so bad, it made me sick to my stomach whenever we drove through.

Back