Where are you from ?

Thats what I'm talking about! Cool spots.. Are you a famous DJ or an international....ohhhh...nevermind...
Mate, my apologies but I don't get the "ohhhh... nevermind..." part haha, but no I am not a famous DJ!

Well, I'm out. Is there a nickname for the awkward, outcast kid who hid behind music?
Funny story. Circa 1995/96, I’m playing in a local bar and one of the guys I went to school with, walks up to me in the interval.

He says: “I used to make fun of you ‘cos you played trumpet in the brass band and sang in the choir. Now I’m jealous that you’re playing guitar/trumpet and singing in a band!”

He admitted that he was really impressed at how our band was rocking out and everyone was having such a good time.

I think we all feel awkward at some time in our adolescence, but I found it was an escape and I felt most comfortable when I put on the persona of being on stage.

He says: “I used to make fun of you ‘cos you played trumpet in the brass band and sang in the choir. Now I’m jealous that you’re playing guitar/trumpet and singing in a band!”
Where I went to high school, drinking age was young enough that classmates could go to the bar and see my band.

Funny story. Circa 1995/96, I’m playing in a local bar and one of the guys I went to school with, walks up to me in the interval.

He admitted that he was really impressed at how our band was rocking out and everyone was having such a good time.

I think we all feel awkward at some time in our adolescence, but I found it was an escape and I felt most comfortable when I put on the persona of being on stage.

I was lucky enough to go to a mid sized school in a small town without a lot of class stratification. I was friends with the jocks, the brainiacs, the band geeks, and even the stoners. Depending on who you asked, I was in more than one of those groups anyway. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back