Where are you from ?

Bruddha

Thats what I'm talking about! Cool spots.. Are you a famous DJ or an international....ohhhh...nevermind...
Mate, my apologies but I don't get the "ohhhh... nevermind..." part haha, but no I am not a famous DJ!

Alnus Rubra

Loving nature’s wonders
Well, I'm out. Is there a nickname for the awkward, outcast kid who hid behind music?
Funny story. Circa 1995/96, I’m playing in a local bar and one of the guys I went to school with, walks up to me in the interval.

He says: “I used to make fun of you ‘cos you played trumpet in the brass band and sang in the choir. Now I’m jealous that you’re playing guitar/trumpet and singing in a band!”

He admitted that he was really impressed at how our band was rocking out and everyone was having such a good time.

I think we all feel awkward at some time in our adolescence, but I found it was an escape and I felt most comfortable when I put on the persona of being on stage.

veinbuster

Zombie Three, DFZ
He says: “I used to make fun of you ‘cos you played trumpet in the brass band and sang in the choir. Now I’m jealous that you’re playing guitar/trumpet and singing in a band!”
Where I went to high school, drinking age was young enough that classmates could go to the bar and see my band.

DreamTheaterRules

Not falling for the banana in the tailpipe
Funny story. Circa 1995/96, I’m playing in a local bar and one of the guys I went to school with, walks up to me in the interval.

He admitted that he was really impressed at how our band was rocking out and everyone was having such a good time.

I think we all feel awkward at some time in our adolescence, but I found it was an escape and I felt most comfortable when I put on the persona of being on stage.

I was lucky enough to go to a mid sized school in a small town without a lot of class stratification. I was friends with the jocks, the brainiacs, the band geeks, and even the stoners. Depending on who you asked, I was in more than one of those groups anyway. :D

Last edited: