Where are y'all hosting pics these days? Is it free?

t6aSal24R8fpNmZH9PSZDIfgT_p49pNa1bEF5qPSx9ZpmRs-U2E-zhFWD47iiIGY6Ujzkcpvn7fz1IXrDl0Ys53rLd8956bNAHXgQxrQd4-2H3SPoQWEDu7_qwIrJ-WRF96Bs1HIHXfgEoHFxHopu5P365eb3fHWHM3f8XSST3poXqoI4TOgo3GWjJUI-rozp0XDCTlKaXIsXjmHADUiX2UzBk4w2WN2lDN-r-HwO1s6c9BnYd_jSy6iVgCu3cCTWwJlIk6Vln6XO3QeoRZnoGJKzfi4H7fMNuIGzPnKHT8rrYHiYBxvl0qJRuWPpgrV956XdCIXamWI80ZzgeGkrhdD5XhRsutQ4BdnXqd97SylVL05sg3Nr5MYSIZa8lZciu0fTglVoqN1XOb-Uh2E9WmYaZSNuyhbqzlMxgKv0g0wuBQNGXItszFYQRfr1UErU81m1gRel-oMvJabRP7X9E7h0CNFWdBGwvOCi3FaT-vndZN9F-mjPjGHaQL3oCXxI-0su2ByuXcbGtbBA6JVVsx1oTU1QGsd5sINB6TO8Yc5iJceoeb_0BQuGAVQrbtl3E-V903Qacvv_yzphQ7gwYUbGuuTf8hD3ZLilfhSlXFHw7_8Xe87wY9gyM041sXMBMJbFFIVgdmwIiUggaQUGcCBZ2ZQp29OBQ8dAQYty87QplW93HfkFw=w1250-h937-no

I just discovered that I could post from Google Photos

Sounds like you received the same friendly “pay up sucker” hostage email I got from Photobucket this morning. What a screwed up organization. I don’t mind them charging for their services. However, I don’t like how they frequently change the rules and fees and leave existing clients hostage in effect locking up our photos until we pay their new fees.

Like many others, I am using Imgur. Not only is it free, it’s more user friendly.

Oh, and I use Imgur. It is by far the easiest solution for my style of workflow - dump a bunch of images up to the site, into an existing or new "post", which can be hidden so it doesn't get pointless comments from the public, but allows me to direct link the images.

I am sure eventually Imgur will change (I cannot figure out their revenue stream), and I'll just find somewhere else. Again.

I'm still using Flickr. Don't know if they still have a free option or not - they'd been lowering the amount of storage you could use for free and, if they still have that option, it's probably pretty limited. I've had a paid account for several years - it's $50 a year for unlimited storage, no ads, etc. I used to be a semi-pro shooter and found it to be a good way to get my work out there and to also be able to easily link to other forums like this one. I took a lot of stuff down at one point because it was just too disorganized. I have about 25-26 pages of photos, still get a little bit of action on them from when I was shooting seriously. It's a good backup / repository for some of my better stuff. These days I'm mostly just the "Dad" photographer (but a pretty good one!) and I do shots of "stuff" for forums like this and others. I may eventually drop it, but $50 a year is easy enough for me and I'd rather not move all of my stuff and have to learn how to link from other services, etc...

-Ray

Back