Where are the S2 Singlecuts?

FennRx

Gibson Fanboy
I've seen one Grey and one Blue Crab on Sweetwater's site but that's it. Anyone had a chance to play one yet?

I haven't seen on on person yet, either. If it weren't for the ZM gas, I'd be very interested...

i really really want to play one, but I know that neither my GC nor SA will get one anytime soon, if at all. :bawling:

When they were first announced, I was really interested in one.
Then they released the specs… Pattern Regular…nope, no thanks. I've tried it and it's a no go for my hand. :(
All of my guitars are WF and that fits like a glove.

What are everyone's opinions on the pattern regular neck? I have a tremonti se custom with a wide thin neck and a pre-lawsuit singlecut trem with a wide fat neck and would like to try the S2 singlecut because of some of the features it has. IMO the widefat neck is ok for chording and great for bending but, slows me down slightly in legato. The widethin neck is not great for bending but, faster for legato and seems the same or better for chording. I had an S2 mira but, sent it back because it was making some static popping noises when I played it. I didn't really keep it long enough to compare.

My impression is that some folks are more "neck sensitive" than others. I have a wide fat, a pattern regular, a 50's Gibson baseball bat, and a V-neck Fender. For me, the neck does not make much difference. I'll play anything with about the same level of dexterity--YIKES!! I always sound like me anyway!

What are everyone's opinions on the pattern regular neck?

It's becoming my favorite neck profile of all my guitars. Felt a little strange to me at first because it seemed to have a little bit of a "V" feel, but now that I have gotten used to it I don't notice that at all anymore, and I have found that it is my most comfortable neck and I play more accurately on it than any of my other necks, wide-fat included.

i love the neck on my SE Cu24. I don't care for the neck on the SE 245 as much. But it's not a deal breaker for me. My R8 has a Louisville Slugger neck, but it sounds to good (especially when someone with talent plays it lolz)

It's becoming my favorite neck profile of all my guitars. Felt a little strange to me at first because it seemed to have a little bit of a "V" feel, but now that I have gotten used to it I don't notice that at all anymore, and I have found that it is my most comfortable neck and I play more accurately on it than any of my other necks, wide-fat included.

Definitely digging the PRs, and to my hands they are in-between WT and WF, about 2/3 of the way to WF. The V is really nice, maybe that's what makes it feel less bulky. All of my 2012+ Maryland PRSes are PR profile. My S2 Mira feels ever so slightly thinner than the others, probably just my 'magination.

I like the Pattern Regular personally. They feel very comfortable to me and I don't mind it being thicker than my usual choice, the Wide Thin. I have a Strat and the PR's thickness is similar to its neck so I'm quite used to the size. I'm fine with almost any necks actually, I'm not that sensitive to changes, unless it's like a baseball bat or the 50's fat V neck! In fact, playing on different necks inspire me to play differently! It's like when I play on the thinner necks I like to play fast and keep riffing around, but when I move to the thicker ones, I like holding my notes a little longer.

I haven't gotten much info out of the NAMM show vids. There's no "real" sound clips of the S2 SC yet and I can't wait to hear it too. :D

A new video was released today. To me, it seemed better than the NAMM videos, but like the NAMM videos it is short and doesn't show its full capabilities. I hope NStuff reviews the S2 SC, they do nice reviews. In the meantime, here is a link to the new video.

http://youtu.be/KeTrZyTNP8Q

Any word on when we will start seeing these in stores?

Is there a listing of what colors this baby comes in somewhere, or am I blind?

Just watched new vid this morning, it didn't really show anything about the guitar's sound. He's got the clean tones down, but where's the crunch or drive? I think the clean sounds are pretty fine, but clean is only half the story for lots of guitarists. :iamconfused:

Back