When you're band is all PRS

Jamook#4

Here's a completed video and recording of one of our new songs. I bought a Kingfisher bass about 18 months ago and while I have a lot of basses this thing has become and remains my main goto bass. I hear of people loving the bass but wanting to swap out the G&B pickups. To me its obvious that the team at PRS spent a lot of time getting the voicing of these pups right. I absolutely love how they sound. I can only imagine that people want their Kingfishers to sound like of P bass or just more generic in general and thats fine if thats what they want. But for me I want something with lots of tone, a voicing that cuts through a mix but doesn't infringe on other instruments and has a more unique sound than generic. IfI want a P bass sound. I will (and do sometimes) play a P bass.
The only problem I've had with these pups has been the RF noise which even after swapping to a new set of G&B's and all the usual shielding tricks etc hasn't been solved. I feel like a Strat player. Great sound but it hums a bit between songs. Still not bad enough for me to forgo the sound they have though.
Anyway, here's how mine sounds.

Back